Financial realities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makis

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Joe Beardwood has written a damning report on EFC's financial position for ToffeeWeb:

[media]http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/08-09/news/2008_Accounts.pdf[/media]

Unfortunately people who should read it probably can't be arsed and still think that a 75 million turnover means the club can spend 75 million on new players..

But just to summarise: the club has borrowed to the hilt and it doesn't look like the banks will give the club any more money so it's increasingly likely that the club has to sell one of the better players (Lescott, anyone?) this year just to keep going.

This is also a good article:

[media]http://inquiry.knowsley.gov.uk/Proof%20of%20Evidence/KEIOC%20P3%20Proof%20of%20Evidence%2016%20Dec%202008.pdf[/media]

But again, I doubt people who should read it will. They have already decided everything is great at the club and don't want to read anything else.

I aint gonna read it, Bill is great and we are gonna sign Moutinho, Arshavin and Messi. Credit crunch my arse. We made a 32k profit, so we must have at least 300m to spend. COYB.

I aint gonna read it, Bill is great and we are gonna sign Moutinho, Arshavin and Messi. Credit crunch my arse. We made a 32k profit, so we must have at least 300m to spend. COYB.
I suggest you don't give up your job to become a full-time comedian.

Your insane ramblings are worthless, everybody knows we have no money, but why will we need to sell anybody to keep afloat? We made a profit last year, so as long as we dont buy anybody surely we will make a profit or at least break even this year?

I dont think you will find anybody to jump on to your doom and gloom train.

Man City 0-1 WIN
Chelsea 0-0 DRAW
Boro 0-1 WIN
Sunderland 3-0 WIN

Those are the only facts and figures most fans care about.

You and davek only post with anti-Kenwright bolloxs, its very tiring. Support your club, it wont kill you.

Well, just as I suspected, you should read Jim's piece. It's explained there why it is increasingly likely that players have to be sold. No point in me trying to explain it since you would just think it's insane ramblings.

Instead of reading that piece you choose to derail this thread and insult me. How very civil.

Your insane ramblings are worthless, everybody knows we have no money, but why will we need to sell anybody to keep afloat? We made a profit last year, so as long as we dont buy anybody surely we will make a profit or at least break even this year?

I dont think you will find anybody to jump on to your doom and gloom train.

Man City 0-1 WIN
Chelsea 0-0 DRAW
Boro 0-1 WIN
Sunderland 3-0 WIN

Those are the only facts and figures most fans care about.

You and davek only post with anti-Kenwright bolloxs, its very tiring. Support your club, it wont kill you.

lol

We had an extended Uefa/Carling Cup run last season for starters. You realy should engage your brain before posting mate.

Man City 0-1 WIN
Chelsea 0-0 DRAW
Boro 0-1 WIN
Sunderland 3-0 WIN

Im a superfan, your nothing fans, take your cashflow and stick them up your arse.

Your *wind up* is that the club I've followed all my life has won three of the last 4 games? lol

You really haven't mastered the 'winding people up' technique have you? lol

Im not here to wind you up, im trying to get you out of the depression that is ruining your life. You have deep seated mental issues, sometimes the glass is half full, its not always half empty.

Anyway im adding you and your other anti-progress flunkie to the ignore list, you have never ever posted anything i wanted to read.

Bye.

Im not here to wind you up, im trying to get you out of the depression that is ruining your life. You have deep seated mental issues, sometimes the glass is half full, its not always half empty.

Anyway im adding you and your other anti-progress flunkie to the ignore list, you have never ever posted anything i wanted to read.

Bye.

This Christmas just gets better. ;)

I tried checking older threads but didn't find any mention. Sorry.

There was a 100 post thread about it but a fortnight ago :huh:

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/everton-forum/10969-latest-figures-announced.html

Regarding the document from TW, what does it prove apart from that some fans are financially illiterate? When is that news? When is it news that our finances aren't in good shape? Geez, Moyes must have said that about 100 times this season already.

I myself did some basic analysis of last years results and they aren't in a good way.

So on the basis that none of this is really news, what is the point of it?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.