Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it tells us much we don't already don't know but a piece on the BBC website this morning;

The only detail I hadn't seen before is that the verdict will be given to us 24 hours before it is published. There were a few rumours Mon / Tues about what the punishment is so I guess those can be discarded since more than 24 hours has elapsed without publication.

It's not without precedence.
We were the club hardest hit with the European ban.
We had the first of only 2 players banned for diving even after the commission said that there was contact on Niasse.
We were the victims of a fixed champions league draw, the fact that Moyes said publicly that he believed that the draw was fixed and wasn't himself punished for saying that, as a punishment for Moyes would have led to an investigation.
Then the game itself V Viallareal was obviously fixed.
Then they changed the rules on champions league qualification.
Can't really blame people for thinking the worst.

Never forget that Moyes had something on a referee that was so damning that he never refereed us for 7 years.

Not that it tells us much we don't already don't know but a piece on the BBC website this morning;

I especially like the bits where he repeatedly says FFP instead of Profit and Sustainability.

I'm not sure relegation as a result of the combination of being rubbish and dodgy finances would be much to be proud of
I didn't say I'd be proud if we were relegated - in any circumstances. I was talking about pride in our long period of time in top flight football and prospect of losing that status.

Even the Premier League calls it FFP.

We have broken FFP rules, in relation to Profit and Sustainability.

The author isnt wrong in his wording.
Maybe. Potato potato. FFP to me is the old verbage that UEFA replaced. FFP has become the term for “done something dodgy with finances”

“Everton Football Club is disappointed to hear of the Premier League’s decision to refer an allegation of a breach of Profit & Sustainability regulations to an independent commission for review.”

The financial warlock theesk himself says
“Commonly, but incorrectly, referred to as “FFP” profitability and sustainability rules are the regulations that restrict the magnitude of adjusted losses for Premier League clubs.“

On that basis you are probably correct. 😂

We've been conditioned to expect a 12 point deduction. So when they give us a 3-6pt deduction we say "Thank you" as we bend over. ........again
I don’t buy this, personally.

I don’t see what benefit there is to softening up Evertonians for a less severe punishment.

Fans of every other team would be disappointed in a weak punishment after 12 points has been trailed. So you basically end up with all 20 clubs disappointed in the outcome - even if we are somewhat relieved not to have had the full gut punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.