Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they?
I mean, we might get off, we might get a £500k fine. We don’t know.

You’ve absolutley no basis for your claims that the rules will be rewritten.

And the idea that it’s bad that the league has rules to try to stop clubs getting into financial trouble is really odd. Of course the league don’t want it. Look at the trouble we’re in. Who’d want that? This isnt the leagues issue, this isn’t our issue, it’s the owner‘s issue.

I can bet you it will if we go into administration in part because of any punishment.

We are in this mess because we spent large amounts of money just up to the covid pandemic, that coupled by poor form took our projected income and slashed it overnight as we weren't pushing for Europe and the prize money that brings from being that high up in the league and it left other clubs less likely to spend anything to pick up our buys that hadn't worked out to recoup those losses. If we spent nothing to replace those players with new ones we would have gone down. The rules are not fit for purpose and just leave a club in the middle like us between a rock and a hard place, the top have massive incomes to protect themselves from being in this trap, the clubs at the bottom who are happy just to be in the league don't run into debt anyhow.

If they want to protect the clubs then the rules should be an owner can spend what they want but by the end of the transfer window they need to have balanced the books. Then everyone knows where they stand, they aren't at the mercy of geopolitics or financial crashes that can cause a plan to drastically change. Or have a wage cap if they want true FFP. Will they do that? No because clubs like Newcastle, Villa or us could break up the monopoly.

I can bet you it will if we go into administration in part because of any punishment.

We are in this mess because we spent large amounts of money just up to the covid pandemic, that coupled by poor form took our projected income and slashed it overnight as we weren't pushing for Europe and the prize money that brings from being that high up in the league and it left other clubs less likely to spend anything to pick up our buys that hadn't worked out to recoup those losses. If we spent nothing to replace those players with new ones we would have gone down. The rules are not fit for purpose and just leave a club in the middle like us between a rock and a hard place, the top have massive incomes to protect themselves from being in this trap, the clubs at the bottom who are happy just to be in the league don't run into debt anyhow.

If they want to protect the clubs then the rules should be an owner can spend what they want but by the end of the transfer window they need to have balanced the books. Then everyone knows where they stand, they aren't at the mercy of geopolitics or financial crashes that can cause a plan to drastically change. Or have a wage cap if they want true FFP. Will they do that? No because clubs like Newcastle, Villa or us could break up the monopoly.
For all the mess were are currently in and money we have spent on some players i still say its the last 3 managerial appointment's that have been the biggest mistakes of the Moshiri era.

First of all the hiring of them and then the delaying of the firing them.

The very fact that this speculation bombshell was dropped by the press the very day after the club started receiving sympathy after Bill Kenwright 's passing says everything about how that press and media work against thid club at any opportunity.

Maybe it's the rs that infest the media, maybe its just such easy clickbait for them, given how many supporters the club has. If so, it only works fir as long as people carry on clicking. (Surely by now people have learned enough to stop buying papers).
It is sad to think that as Bill approached the end of his life this was hanging over the club.

When did we lose the USM sponsorships ? Did that affect our FFP losses and if it did could that not help us out in this direction situation.

For all the mess were are currently in and money we have spent on some players i still say its the last 3 managerial appointment's that have been the biggest mistakes of the Moshiri era.

First of all the hiring of them and then the delaying of the firing them.

The constant payouts and unstable conditions it brings on a club are definitely a big part of it.

Reactions: JLW
When did we lose the USM sponsorships ? Did that affect our FFP losses and if it did could that not help us out in this direction situation.

It was the season afterwards I believe. But if Moshiri and co been able to redesign the sponsorship at that point perhaps those losses wouldn't have continued and it would have looked more favourable that we were on a firm path to balance the books. Albeit a season late.

What hurt us around that time we had the best part of a hundred and ten million in assets (Bolasie, Gbamin, Tosun and Walcott) that weren't even playing for us that we couldn't offload. Had we managed to get rid of one for a similar price we paid perhaps the accounts pass.

We were supposed to sell Sigurdsson within that period and again 20 to 25 million might have changed the whole picture.

I've seen a lot of this type of criticism, and I think two viewpoints are being bound up together.

There's a difference between thinking this is some sort of conspiracy against us and bemoaning the fact that we are precisely the right size and shape of club to be made an example of.

I don't think there's anything inherently anti-Everton (or therefore pro-Liverpool) about the treatment we get. It's more that we're a big club that's not big enough for special treatment.

You only need look at the way the Super League 6 were 'punished' to see that the league authorities stay their hand when it comes to punishing the clubs that keep the league so globally dominant in terms of revenue.
Were they punished though?

Were they punished though?
No, they wre collectively made to pay 22 million to lower league clubs iirc?

So loose change in back pocket, move on, nothing to see here.

I hope at some point they all f off to their super 6! and they get what they deserve. True fans will never be able to follow them, cost prohibitive, another nail in the elitist money washed game it is.

It was the season afterwards I believe. But if Moshiri and co been able to redesign the sponsorship at that point perhaps those losses wouldn't have continued and it would have looked more favourable that we were on a firm path to balance the books. Albeit a season late.

What hurt us around that time we had the best part of a hundred and ten million in assets (Bolasie, Gbamin, Tosun and Walcott) that weren't even playing for us that we couldn't offload. Had we managed to get rid of one for a similar price we paid perhaps the accounts pass.

We were supposed to sell Sigurdsson within that period and again 20 to 25 million might have changed the whole picture.
I know people say it’s a stadium issue but I’ve been kind of wondering if Gylfi is part of the issue, and how his situation was accounted for on the books.

The reason I say that is it’s been so quiet on what the matter relates to, with no leaks and people who do know what’s happening saying they can’t publicly say for legal reasons. That’s usually language that applies to criminal matters where legally you can’t discuss things. It’s unusual for such a veil of silence to apply to something as relatively mundane as a football finance hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.