Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now everyone talking about city and how they are corrupt and should be getting a much larger punishment than everton. Frankly I don't care about man city or any other club other than everton. Its obvious the more money a club has the more the Premiership will look after them. The state of football makes me sick. At least we have the WSL!

What's this agenda then? There really is no reason for anyone to specifically care about us and single us out for points deductions based on agenda.

Bar some journalists who are Liverpool fans writing negative articles I don't really see anything to suggest that there is a big conspiracy to take us down.

I mean why would anyone care that much about relegating us? What positive outcome is there for the FA in us going down?

Will the independent commission that decides if we are guilty or not also be part of this agenda?
Open your eyes mate, when nothing happens with Man City will you open them then?

Considering they’ve all got to play each other twice then it would mean they’d all need to lose about 32 games in the season to all finish below that points total. It’s almost a statistical impossibility.

Sheff Utd might finish on under 20 points, but there’s no way the others do as well imo. Everyone bangs on about how bad Luton are but they’ve beat us and been competitive in every game they’ve been involved in this season, they haven’t been battered yet. Even Sheff Utd have been close to taking points off the likes of City, Spurs and United. No idea where people are getting this idea that these are the worst teams ever to play in the league.

They just look horrendous on the eye, but they have a lot of fight and grit, compare that with Bournemouth who I think are well and truly pathetic. I don't think Luton will stay up but I agree they won't be dead last.

The important bit here is not the bit you have bolded.

It’s this bit:

The Premier League are making punishment recommendations to “independent” panels.

A fine and a 2 window transfer ban would be just as devastating as a 12 point deduction. Arguably more so. Imagine not being able to sign anyone until January 2025. We’d probably go down on that basis alone.
We have Michael Keane; we'll be fine...

I’m no conspiracy theorist, but here me out.

The time of this is no coincidence. This could have easily been stated next week, not the following day after the death of our chairman.

Bill has been a director since 89, before the Premier League was even a thing.
Since then he has seen numerous chief executives, owners, directors. He was probably the only person who had dealt with every senior person since the Premier League was formed. Therefore he would certainly be aware of any dodgy decisions being made, back handers between officials or things the Premier League executives wouldn’t want in the public domain. Any skeleton’s in the closet he’d know about.

Maybe him being here was our shield. Now he’s sadly gone, we are now vulnerable.

Or maybe I need to go out for a long walk without internet access for a few hours.

There is a clear agenda out there to see the back of us and you must be incredibly naive not to see it!
You only see it as an agenda because as a fan, you don't want everton to be punished.

It's been public knowledge in Everton's accounts for the last few years that the club have massively overspent. While none of it may have been intentional, the club have had an absolutely abysmal financial performance over the last few years and the FFP regulations are there to stop that happening to clubs.

It's not a clear agenda against Everton. The rules are there for all PL clubs. We just happen to support the worst managed club the PL has ever seen.

I don't share your enthusiasm with that. No way will we finish 12 points out of it. But it's just garbage speculation anyway and I doubt it will be that strong a punishment. If that was to happen we would be done as a club. Previous relegated clubs would be suing the club and the debt will just become unmanageable
This is spot on!
The PL need to be seen as striking a firm hand to any law breakers so will advise the strongest possible punishment, while allowing the independant comitee likely give us a 3-6 points suspended punishment. So a big slap on the wrist, the PL can say to previous relegated clubs they wanted to punish us, but avoid any sort of legal battles from said clubs!

Its all over exaggerated drama

I’m no conspiracy theorist, but here me out.

The time of this is no coincidence. This could have easily been stated next week, not the following day after the death of our chairman.
Today's events have been in the diary long before the passing of Bill Kenwright. The timing is unfortunate but this inquiry has gone on far too long so postponing it even further just isn't practical.

5 points deducted and a further 7 suspended is something I could live with. We'd survive that.

But we're Everton and deal only in Everton Firsts, so 12 points deducted while City for their 115 offences get let off and receive an apology from the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.