Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can bet your house that they will use us an example to scare other teams, nothing will happen to City or any of the 'Big 6' and we will be used as scapegoats. We are screwed and there is only a negative outcome going to come from this, on the other hand it could make for an interesting rest of this season. I for one firmly believe we will finish 12 points above the relegation zone so go ahead make our day
I don't share your enthusiasm with that. No way will we finish 12 points out of it. But it's just garbage speculation anyway and I doubt it will be that strong a punishment. If that was to happen we would be done as a club. Previous relegated clubs would be suing the club and the debt will just become unmanageable

Thought it’s just to do with a tax issue on one loan?
That was speculated as the reason but there's been no official confirmation by anyone involved yet. It has to be more than that surely?
Its just the telegraph trying to get clicks. How would they even know anything that's going on regarding the issue. All newspapers bunch of a holes
We'll find out - but sometimes journalists do get fed exclusives and off the record stuff so can't completely disregard it

Absolutely ridiculous. You think 3 teams will finish on less than 12 points? Brain dead statement.

The record low is 11 init?

Hard to see 3 clubs all pretty much matching that in one year.

That said, 35 kept you up last season. Could see that being lower this season, though. Too early to say of course.

Matt Hughes will love this news today, I bet he's writing up his own made up hit piece as we speak.

There is a clear agenda out there to see the back of us and you must be incredibly naive not to see it!

This is Everton. Therefore the chances of this happening increase ten fold. I fully expect us to get hammered with this points deduction.

But it won’t end there..

The take over will then fall through just before Christmas. We then won’t have the cash flow to meet daily payments.

We will then go into administration and get hit with another 12 point deduction.

There is a clear agenda out there to see the back of us and you must be incredibly naive not to see it!

What's this agenda then? There really is no reason for anyone to specifically care about us and single us out for points deductions based on agenda.

Bar some journalists who are Liverpool fans writing negative articles I don't really see anything to suggest that there is a big conspiracy to take us down.

I mean why would anyone care that much about relegating us? What positive outcome is there for the FA in us going down?

Will the independent commission that decides if we are guilty or not also be part of this agenda?

You can bet your house that they will use us an example to scare other teams, nothing will happen to City or any of the 'Big 6' and we will be used as scapegoats. We are screwed and there is only a negative outcome going to come from this, on the other hand it could make for an interesting rest of this season. I for one firmly believe we will finish 12 points above the relegation zone so go ahead make our day
If you are going to get a 12 point deduction then this is the season for it.

I reckon 35-37 points accumulated would be enough for 17th, even with the 12 point deduction then applied (so 23-25 points to stay up).

Bottom 4 are absolutely shocking and can’t see 2 of them improving enough to even get 30 points.

This is Everton. Therefore the chances of this happening increase ten fold. I fully expect us to get hammered with this points deduction.

But it won’t end there..

The take over will then fall through just before Christmas. We then won’t have the cash flow to meet daily payments.

We will then go into administration and get hit with another 12 point deduction.
Not implausible

A 12 point deduction will certainly sink us. No way we hit a 45-48 point season with Dyche in charge. Had we took care of business with our easier fixtures we would be in a position to swallow it. Instead we have a paltry 7 points.

"Telegraph Sport understands the Premier League has recommended the punishment to be extremely severe, and up to a maximum of 12 points"

So could be 1 point and still only a Premier League recommendation that has no bearing on the independent panel's final decision.

The important bit here is not the bit you have bolded.

It’s this bit:

the Premier League has recommended the punishment to be extremely severe

The Premier League are making punishment recommendations to “independent” panels.

A fine and a 2 window transfer ban would be just as devastating as a 12 point deduction. Arguably more so. Imagine not being able to sign anyone until January 2025. We’d probably go down on that basis alone.

The record low is 11 init?

Hard to see 3 clubs all pretty much matching that in one year.

That said, 35 kept you up last season. Could see that being lower this season, though. Too early to say of course.

Considering they’ve all got to play each other twice then it would mean they’d all need to lose about 32 games in the season to all finish below that points total. It’s almost a statistical impossibility.

Sheff Utd might finish on under 20 points, but there’s no way the others do as well imo. Everyone bangs on about how bad Luton are but they’ve beat us and been competitive in every game they’ve been involved in this season, they haven’t been battered yet. Even Sheff Utd have been close to taking points off the likes of City, Spurs and United. No idea where people are getting this idea that these are the worst teams ever to play in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.