Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

If it was about Covid costs it would be for previous seasons not 21/22.

“The assessment period for which it is alleged that the Club is in breach is the period ending Season 2021/22."
Well, we crystallised covid loses across a number of seasons.

covid.jpg

a fine wouldn't work either

fining a club that is having financial difficulties is not appropriate
That would make sense if FFP or P&S were there to actually achieve what they say they want to do... in reality it's to keep rich clubs at the top and it's working, watch Newcastle struggle over the next few years...

If it was about Covid costs it would be for previous seasons not 21/22.

“The assessment period for which it is alleged that the Club is in breach is the period ending Season 2021/22."
If I`m honest I think the PL were forced to do this by the clubs relegated last season and the season before.

PL P&S is made of of a rolling 3 years accounts, so it wouldn`t be just last year. Period ending i.e. 21/22, 20/21, 19/20...

The Premier League stated they accepted our books at the time of disputes from other relegation clubs, so if they have not perused the diligently they are also libel for the error? At the time, they accepted them to be OK ?

If I`m honest I think the PL were forced to do this by the clubs relegated last season and the season before.

PL P&S is made of of a rolling 3 years accounts, so it wouldn`t be just last year. Period ending i.e. 21/22, 20/21, 19/20...
Right, but if it was an issue with the years 20/21 or 19/20 the charge would have been based on those years, OR included those years like they did with City etc. While the prior years are included I think that basically means it was fine up until 21/22, then they say the team just hit over 105m in the 3 year cycle by the end of 21/22(or there was a not-allowed accounting specifically in that year).

Status
Not open for further replies.