Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on, yeah. I doubt this lot would call it though if they weren't getting what they want from pretty much a panel made up of their own judicial panel. Its loaded. Just how much they want to punish us is the only question.

The fact they've worked with us over two seasons should mitigate against the very worst outcome. How could it not?
I hope you're right, but I've just found out that the charge relates to losses of a 100,000 pounds in each of the three seasons before
2020/21. (not sure if it includes that season], and those pre-date that period.

giphy.gif
😂😂😂😂😂 stock reply when you don’t like a reply.

Grow up

Some big assumptions made there.

That the youth players are up to it. That we won't have the same injury issues.

This squad is desperate for reinforcements. Almost all over the park.
Then there's the hope that Calvert Lewin get back into fitness and form.

I hope you're right, but I've just found out that the charge relates to losses of a 100,000 pounds in each of the three seasons before
Losses for reference, pre tax pre FFP and Covid deductions...

2017-18- £13m
2018-19- £111.75m
2019-20- £140m
2020-21- £120m

Average of the last two- £130m

Probably needs rounding a bit but your starting point is £255m in FFP terms. Then work backwards to reach £105m or less.

Just to correct myself, I meant a 100 million not a 100 thousand.:blush:

Losses for reference, pre tax pre FFP and Covid deductions...

2017-18- £13m
2018-19- £111.75m
2019-20- £140m
2020-21- £120m

Average of the last two- £130m

Probably needs rounding a bit but your starting point is £255m in FFP terms. Then work backwards to reach £105m or less.
Swiss Rambler made a very good thread about it last year and managed to work backwards to get to around £144 mil.

He seems to think we have breached the rules by around 40 mil

Problem is the decision is being made by an independent regulator not the PL. Nobody has much of an idea what is going to happen. It might actually be in our best interests to go down this season. Stay up and be found guilty and we could receive a point’s penalty that will send us down coupled with a lawsuit from the club that finishes 3rd from bottom for a huge sum. We would have no chance of attracting investment and finishing the stadium. It would be the perfect storm scenario that could send us into administration.

Kind of ironic that these Profit and sustainability rules put in place to protect football could financially ruin one of the leagues founding members

There will be no points deduction.

I estimated the following
So, if it is say 40-60 odd million surly we can use covid as an excuse along the lines of, ‘we would of sold Richarlison for more money but where unable to due to covid’.

And, to be fair nobody wants to see sales/and or none purchasing of players however Onana cost 35m, Garner was 15m, surly if we was going to be over by 60M the Premier League would never of green lit these purchases, doesn’t make any sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.