Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. This lot will have had the nod that the club wont be saddled with a points deduction.

It just doesn't make sense buying a club that'll definitely be relegated with a points deduction. They're in the business of selling Everton + a stadium a few years down the line.

We won't be deducted points anyway but they wanted the takeover whether we stayed up or not last season. It wasn't dependent on staying up although may have got it cheaper.

Yeah wondering about that, Moshiri wants out, Kenwright still in Hospital ? And yet all along Everton have been supremely confident of being cleared, something doesn't add up, even Kenwright is distancing himself. Hope both of them are made to face the music.
Wouldnt it be great to have a well run club and the confidence the club was in qualified peoples hands.

Everyone still feel confident about this now given what's happening with loans from 777
Not in the slightest.

I fear we are in even worse shape than people realise.

Hopefully the incompetence hasn't extended to actual rule breaking.

My gut feeling is that we haven't been entirely honest with the Premier League. That is why they signed us off as compliant and have now passed us on to this investigation panel.

Who is going to represent us at the hearing. Mr testicles?
1695933301621.png

The PL signed off on the accounts. The Athletic suggested that certain transfers in were also blocked, not this summer but previously. There has been ongoing co-operation. I don't expect a smoking gun to emerge at this stage and if there was, it would reflect very poorly on the Premier League. The club can only answer to the specified charge.

The optics look good since in terms of belt tightening. Their representatives will make much of that at the hearing.

I expect a financial sanction but nothing more severe than that.

The PL signed off on the accounts. The Athletic suggested that certain transfers in were also blocked, not this summer but previously. There has been ongoing co-operation. I don't expect a smoking gun to emerge at this stage and if there was, it would reflect very poorly on the Premier League. The club can only answer to the specified charge.

The optics look good since in terms of belt tightening. Their representatives will make much of that at the hearing.

I expect a financial sanction but nothing more severe than that.
Suspended hopefully.

And of course an appeal by the club if its anything worse than that.

Good point. This lot will have had the nod that the club wont be saddled with a points deduction.

It just doesn't make sense buying a club that'll definitely be relegated with a points deduction. They're in the business of selling Everton + a stadium a few years down the line.

He's also on some club board. He will exert influence, and have likely had a tip off.

He's also on some club board. He will exert influence, and have likely had a tip off.

Good point.

I'm still dreading this decision coming up though.

IF it was a big penalty (even a transfer embargo) it'd have a terrible effect on the morale of this club. Points deductions would kill us.

Status
Not open for further replies.