Fielding a weakened team and/or wanting Everton to go out of the cup early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're still a little bit precarious in the table at the moment.
IMO and I hate to admit it,we're in no position to be winning a cup this season,I'd be playing players who haven't had a lot of game time but very likely will be called into action in the league as the season rolls on.
We stay in the premiership this season and I think the corner would have turned and positivity will return to the club, fan base, & players.start afresh next year.

I think we're still a little bit precarious in the table at the moment.
IMO and I hate to admit it,we're in no position to be winning a cup this season,I'd be playing players who haven't had a lot of game time but very likely will be called into action in the league as the season rolls on.
We stay in the premiership this season and I think the corner would have turned and positivity will return to the club, fan base, & players.start afresh next year.
If we can get through the early rounds rotating the squad and pick up some points in the meantime we might be able to make a go of it later on

I certainly don't want us to lose.

But I also don't want to go all guns a blazin' to win this game. Guys like Doucoure and Gana coming back from injury - no way we should play him in this. I'd start Dobbin and Beto at least. We want to play our back 4, fine.

So I guess try to win the game with some rotation. Standard fare really

Entirely different situation, only two teams went down, we were eleven points ahead of the relegation spot, a better and bigger squad with goalscorers. Todays team and club are battling for the existence of our future. I feel for the fans who are going and understand they will want us to focus on a victory tomorrow, our future is what I want to focus on.

I really think we need o have a pragmatic approach to this game.

we have a very small squad who are knackered and many need a rest. I’m not saying field 11 youth players but it would make sense to field all the substitutes with the younger first teasers playing.

we ares till in the mire and with the threat of others being debuted they will be fighting harder for points, unfortunately they seem to have the players up for a fight unlike us.

For this reasoni am for rating lots and keep fingers crossed.

If people prefer finishing 17th to silverware that’s fine, but I would hope we would have a go at winning something that’s still possible.
If with don't win a cup, again, the wait goes on.

If we don't finish at least 17th the club is in major trouble from which it may take decades to recover, if it ever does.

It comes down to that for me.

We only have 3 games in January...
Which is great in terms of getting rest, but given we have such a threadbare squad, going deeper in the cup only means less rest when the fixtures inevitably pile up, increasing the possibility of injury to key players. That would do far more harm than a cup run would help, even moreso if we go down as a result. So for me, at least this season, bin the cup.

Which is great in terms of getting rest, but given we have such a threadbare squad, going deeper in the cup only means less rest when the fixtures inevitably pile up, increasing the possibility of injury to key players. That would do far more harm than a cup run would help, even moreso if we go down as a result. So for me, at least this season, bin the cup.

Not for me - winning and losing can become a habit.

We've got to start winning again.

Status
Not open for further replies.