Fielding a weakened team and/or wanting Everton to go out of the cup early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no one to rotate in the midfield anyway so it’ll be garner , onana and gomes I imagine.

Can see Beto instead of DCL, one of danjuma/Dobbin possibly and different centre backs.

If we hadn’t had the points deduction then by all means go all out as I’m desperate for a trophy…feels like a proper wrong un of a season though, I worry we can’t play much better than we have had first half of the season…a few injuries and a tricky fixture list could make this second half hard work without extra games on top.

The fixture list is pretty much identical to the first half, isn't it, just the location changes...

The fixture list is pretty much identical to the first half, isn't it, just the location changes...
I know what you mean - butI guess what I mean is the timing of games at specific points are important.

Our winnable (on paper at least) games against Burnley, forest, Luton, sheff utd are right at the end of the season where pressure could be huge.

Being one point clear of the drop and in a bit of bad form I’d bite an arm off now for winnable home games. Got a tricky next four in the league which could see us losing a bit of ground and momentum. Having city and spurs again in a few weeks doesn’t feel ideal.

It's football though, there's nothing adult about what we do as supporters. I support our chances to win every competition we are in every season.
We're not strong enough to go into cups and win them.

It's all about dosing your effort. We can still survive in the PL - but only IF every week we give these players a chance to recover.

Squad's so thin at the moment that it probably makes sense to rotate a bit and give different players a start, but nothing that amounts to weakening the team. The opposition will be doing the same.

The fans pay hard earned cash to watch the blues and should never be short changed. If we are good enough we will stay in the PL if not we start again. The people asking for weakened sides probably never travel to away games . Think about it , travelling to London on a winters night to arrive discovering you are to support a weakened team. I doubt Crystal Palace will field a weakened team. We must put out the strongest team possible after all it’s our only chance of silverware this year.

The fella who's most vocal on this issue and is desperate for us to throw the game doesn't even go to Goodison, never mind travel away

Imagine if someone suggested that Evertonians the world over should all think positive thoughts in the 12th, 42nd and 68th minute in a bid to inspire us to goals that secured our victory. You'd all laugh, coz positive thinking can't change the result of a football match. Yet there's people here genuinely arguing that thinking negative thoughts or typing negative posts on a forum can affect things. Mental.

Cup games give you a chance to give the squad players a chance and stake a claim.

I dont even think we have the squad to play a weakened team, but I would certainly be giving the likes of Dobbin, Chermo and Beto a run out.

Godfrey also if we dont intend on selling him, players need games.

Status
Not open for further replies.