FFS KENWRONG

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20329072

Liverpool Ladies have signed England midfielder Fara Williams and striker Natasha Dowie from local FA WSL rivals Everton Ladies.

Williams, 28, has 107 caps and 36 goals for her country, and netted 10 times for the Blues last season.

The former Toffees captain, regarded as one of the most gifted players the England set-up has ever produced, moves after eight years at the club.

Former Charlton striker Dowie, 24, spent five years with Everton.

Williams has been a key player for Hope Powell's Three Lions for more than a decade and was named FA Young Player of the Year in 2002, FA International Player of the Year in both 2007 and 2009, and FA Players' Player of the Year in 2009.

Replacements for Suarez & Gerrard :yahoo:

It's only cause they were expected to get their Faffs out for '12 shades of pink'.

Prudes.

It's just that they know that at Liverpool, the interest is with all the other fannies.

Everton Ladies have signed twin sisters Vicky and Kelly Jones from local rivals Liverpool.
Everton Ladies have signed twin sisters Vicky and Kelly Jones from local rivals Liverpool.
The pair, 24, are the first acquisitions recruited by new boss Andy Spence as he prepares for the 2013 WSL season.
Vicky, a former captain of Liverpool, is a full-back who is able to on either the right or the left, while Kelly is an attacking midfielder who can also play up front.
Both players have worked with Spence before at the 2009 World University Games when his GB team went on to win a bronze medal and he acknowledges that this was a factor in bringing them into the club.
Spence told evertonfc.com: "During recent discussions with Kelly and Vicky, what come across was their real desire to be part of this new chapter for the team.
"They have had to seriously consider another offer from a fellow WSL team, however they really wanted to be part of things here at Everton and having worked with both players in the past I know they will be really good acquisitions for the squad.
"Also important is that both players have WSL experience and bring a number of options in terms of their ability to play in a number of positions.
"Vicky is equally adept in either full-back position and has good quality in the defending and attacking phases of the game and Kelly is player who can play in midfield and forward positions who looks to get on the ball in dangerous areas to cause problems for the opposition."
Spence insisted that he was actively pursuing further additions to the squad but explained he wouldn't be rushed into signing the wrong type of player.
He continued: ‘‘I have gone on record saying that the players that we need to have at the Club firstly have to show they really want to be here and are then able demonstrate they have the basic but key qualities that, for me, defines any good player and team in terms of understanding hard work is at the heart of everything we do. They also have the right mentality in terms of moving the team forward."
"We are working hard to bring in more new players to the squad, however we have the strong foundations of a very good squad already here and based on recent contract discussions with those players I am very hopeful that the core of the squad will come from this group of players.
"We also have talented young players in our reserve team who I know lots about and have no doubts would thrive off the step up to the first team environment."

Status
Not open for further replies.