• Wolfsburg

Votes: 16 4.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 29 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
nailed it. You can see the midfield space opening up with a final pass out of 'the press'. But it sometimes causes a bit of a balls up too. One thing for sure though, Everton plays a brand of football which you want to watch...
It is nice going onto other forums and seeing posts like this

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=304097&start=90
Well done Everton. How a change of manager can change your view of a club. Under Moyes I wouldn't have entertained the thought of watching the match tonight but Martinez has them playing some superb football. Enjoyed watching them tonight. Really decent side with some players to come back from injury as well.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/europa-league-2014-15.393910/page-3
Everton is a fun team to watch. No obvious *****, relatively young, plays an attractive style of football where the team is greater than the sum of its parts. They instantly became better the day Martinez took over for Moyes. Wouldn't mind Martinez as our next manager if Klopp were unavailable.

Win the Champions League and a whole year of EFC salaries is paid. After winning the EL, winning the CL must be our goal! Looking forward to going to the Bernebeu and dealing to Real M.

<gets coat>

we pass it sideways a bit too much for my liking. still getting use to the system though, when we're more confident, i expect us to go from back to front a lot quicker and slicker

At least there is intent; I look at it as more of a slingshot than passing sideways for the sake of it.
Arsenal keep the ball for the sake of it, we're always looking for the pass that can open it up, but we don't force it.

I gotta say the way the centre backs (specifically Stones ) stepped out of the defensive line to make themselves available for the ball was very total football-esq , entertaining but heart attack inducing!

I gotta say the way the centre backs (specifically Stones ) stepped out of the defensive line to make themselves available for the ball was very total football-esq , entertaining but heart attack inducing!
I'm getting more and more used to it but I still cringe a lot of times when they keep it on the ground in the face of pressure instead of just booting it up the pitch. Guess I'm conditioned like that.

Still buzzing aftyer this performance :cheers:

But at the risk of being over-critical, I'm still not to happy with McGeady's distribution and decision making. He can be infuriating to watch at times.

After a decade plus of the back four pumping it forward under pressure we all still feel a touch nervous but with centre backs who can come forward really does open up the opponents.At times we look magical and liable to create chances with each attack.

Watched the game in Chicago in my hotel room, the missus went shopping
I was so proud of the team
What potential they have
Loved Eto'o's little cameo
Kev was fast, fast ,fast
Thought Jags looked more composed, but his out ball to Baines was closed down time and again
Tim had a brilliant game and if he hadn't we'd be in a different frame of mind
Love you Everton you can be sublime and beautiful :)

Just watched all the highlights and stuff from the Wolfsburg game....can someone make a tapeloop of the soothing voice of Martinez?

It doesn`t matter what he is asked, he just absorbs every question in a remarkably fashion, answering every question in a way that makes me feel "yes,of course, i understand now, how could i be thinking otherwise?..."

As flattering a result it was, the most pleasent thing was the total lack of naitivity througout the game. Perfect? of course not,but we are after all competing in the higher echelons of europe, mistakes being punished immedately.
Everton will beat the crap out of lfc!

Status
Not open for further replies.