Father TW's pre-match prayer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pope credited the victory at Lepanto to people saying the Rosary. I am uncomfortable praying for Everton wins in normal circumstances, but this is huge and affects so many good people.
Yes mate thats why the feastday Oct 7 - is called both our lady of victory and more recently our lady of the rosary. Pope St. Pius V greatest pope ever.

The Pope credited the victory at Lepanto to people saying the Rosary. I am uncomfortable praying for Everton wins in normal circumstances, but this is huge and affects so many good people.
St Dominic (Domingo) was given the Rosary by Our Lady and he was the first to preach the Rosary and we know hes an Evertonian so in a made to fit roundabout way we can ask for the grace of a win tonight for 1000s of our sanities.

St Dominic (Domingo) was given the Rosary by Our Lady and he was the first to preach the Rosary and we know hes an Evertonian so in a made to fit roundabout way we can ask for the grace of a win tonight for 1000s of our sanities.
Yes that is one tradition. However another puts it centuries earlier. In Glendalough, the monks had to recite all 150 psalms by heart every day.

The also welcomed lay people to join them and be educated.

Those who wanted to follow the monks in reciting the Psalms were instead asked to recite the Ave Maria 150 times - books were handwritten then so it was impractical to try to teach them the Psalms.

In turn the 150 were broken down into three sets of five mysteries.

And on the sixth day God delivered us Iwobi, and he said do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your saviour.

I sought Iwobi, and he answered me and delivered me from all my relegation fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. Oh, taste and see that Iwobi is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!

I am so grateful that this season's nightmare is over - and Rovers won 3-0 tonight as well btw - I hate praying for sporting victoroes but tonight meant so much to so many decent people . Thank you God

Status
Not open for further replies.