Fat Spanish Gobsh........Yay/Nay??

Yay/Nay/

• Yes. Why not? What could possibly go wrong??

• No. Drown the fat knobhead in Bramley Moore dock

• Chico's fat head on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted a manager who will adapt to modern football, impact the training ground as well as the game and be able to make the most of the finances available to them

Personally I think our squad needs the stick more than the carrot. You don't go through managers so quickly if there isn't a fundamentally destructive element to our squad.

I think we need a manager who is hard and doesn't suffer any fools. Is Benitez the man for this job? Perhaps his managerial style is but from what I have seen on Benitez, he is a controlling manager who uses very little man management. What will his impact on our so called big players like Richarlison, James, Mina, DCL. Have we mollycoddle these players too much?

Another big problem I see is transfers. Brands is the director of football so this means he will foresee the future signings of Everton. Last season, he brought in Godfrey and Doucoure which was his own personal preferences. I think Benitez will want certain players just as Carlo wanted James and Allan which is understandable.

At Liverpool he was very much a miss with signings and the same at Inter, Real, Newcastle, he did well at Napoli which is a similar level to us however, I don't think Benitez has signed a decent player for over 5/6 years.

Does he have the reach to attract good players to Everton or will we be left with overpaid mercenaries again?

I will back him through gritted teeth because if he does well the club does but I fear he won't be able to get over the fact fans don't want him and imploded

Honestly, who's arsed?

If it's going to happen it's going to happen.

Whining about it online, hanging bedsheets with messages or even worse, daubing paint on the stadium won't change anything.

It's not that important. It's a man being well paid to instruct other well paid men how to position themselves on a football field. Ridiculous when you think about it.

Will it dampen my enthusiasm for Everton? Not at all. Pre-COVID I'd fly 60/70 thousand miles a year to watch them (even for Allardyce) and I'll go back to that once restrictions allow.

The surprising thing for me is that Benitez is even interested. He's still held in extremely high regard across the park and he's almost universally despised on our side, why bother with the aggravation? He certainly doesn't need the money.

I would hope if he's appointed (which, BTW I don't think is as done as many think) and everything settles down he gets a decent reception and the team gets proper support.

As disgusting a prospect it may seem, it's a clean slate and therefore should be offered the same support as any manager starting the season.

If you're just happy to be annoyed, look at the government. That's worth your anger.

Got to ask, mate! Where do you live and do you go home and away? That is a LOT of miles!!!!
Honestly, who's arsed?

If it's going to happen it's going to happen.

Whining about it online, hanging bedsheets with messages or even worse, daubing paint on the stadium won't change anything.

It's not that important. It's a man being well paid to instruct other well paid men how to position themselves on a football field. Ridiculous when you think about it.

Will it dampen my enthusiasm for Everton? Not at all. Pre-COVID I'd fly 60/70 thousand miles a year to watch them (even for Allardyce) and I'll go back to that once restrictions allow.

The surprising thing for me is that Benitez is even interested. He's still held in extremely high regard across the park and he's almost universally despised on our side, why bother with the aggravation? He certainly doesn't need the money.

I would hope if he's appointed (which, BTW I don't think is as done as many think) and everything settles down he gets a decent reception and the team gets proper support.

As disgusting a prospect it may seem, it's a clean slate and therefore should be offered the same support as any manager starting the season.

If you're just happy to be annoyed, look at the government. That's worth your anger.

Big no from me for all the reasons everyone has stated with the small club thing being about 8th on the list.

If he does get it I'll want him to succeed because I want Everton to succeed. But I'll be expecting the worst.

Got to ask, mate! Where do you live and do you go home and away? That is a LOT of miles!!!!
Live in Dubai. Average about 10 homes a year. Couple of aways too when schedules match up with work stuff in Europe.

Actually my maths was out, I was thinking Kilometres not Miles. So About 45/50 in miles all told.

I must confess I cover a lot of my Manchester flight tickets bringing in excessive amounts of rolling tobacco for a ready buyer. :oops:

Live in Dubai. Average about 10 homes a year. Couple of aways too when schedules match up with work stuff in Europe.

Actually my maths was out, I was thinking Kilometres not Miles. So About 45/50 in miles all told.

I must confess I cover a lot of my Manchester flight tickets bringing in excessive amounts of rolling tobacco for a ready buyer. :oops:
Bravo mate. Brilliant dedication there. Hope things somehow work out for us in general and lads like you!

Pathetic hire if we end up with him. Where is the ambition? The decisions this club takes baffles me at times who wants to watch a bunch of mediocre millionaires running about year after year with no end goal in sight. Football these days is a bag of ****

He will start here with a lot of scepticism and rightly so, he hasn't achieved much since Napoli.

And then there's the kopite connection, I hope he realizes this won't be another club he just can step into, he will be on a road to redemption coming here. If he realizes that, gets humble and works on that I can live with it. First interview will be really interesting.

If there was anything on record of him saying why he wanted to manage Everton apart from 'I live on the wirral" and "I'm a professional" then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. But there isn't. It's well established that he wants to go back to the RS. I honestly am staggered that Moshiri wants him

Status
Not open for further replies.