Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
He would've just cancelled the stadium plans and got off now/cut his losses if he was going to do that.
He wouldn't have become a billionaire if he just jumped ship every time an investment wasn't working out. We have spent big money for three or four seasons and it hasn't worked out as planned so a summer or two of being more cautious when it comes to spending isn't a bad decision. When the stadium get built we'll have had the chance to get rid of a lot of the dead wood and with a bit of luck begun to move back up towards the top four. If that happens he we'll be much more attractive to a potential new owner and he would probably come away with a nice little profit from the sale.

He wouldn't have become a billionaire if he just jumped ship every time an investment wasn't working out. We have spent big money for three or four seasons and it hasn't worked out as planned so a summer or two of being more cautious when it comes to spending isn't a bad decision. When the stadium get built we'll have had the chance to get rid of a lot of the dead wood and with a bit of luck begun to move back up towards the top four. If that happens he we'll be much more attractive to a potential new owner and he would probably come away with a nice little profit from the sale.
Everyone’s just reading too much into it, I assure you it won’t happen.

Hasn’t he more than made up money in the last 2 years than he’s spend on us? Sure I saw something like that in the Rich List.
Besides in the Panama papers investigation he kind of compared the money he spend on Everton to borrowing a fiver from a mate ?.
He’s got plenty left and I’m sure he’d be spending more of it on us if it wasn’t likely to result in all kinds of fines or points deductions for breaking some FFP that would likely only be applied to us before the rules were changed.

Not a peep out of this fell,not even a phone call to Jim White in the transfer window, you see playing football manager is a little bit harder than accounting.
Not sure we can conclude he is good at this when considering the financial mess we are in apparently.

Are we sure this blokes an accountant, we're in a right mess financially. hard to believe he made money doing accounting given the crap job here.
He’s shown ambition to be fair, think the problem is the football side hasn’t delivered on the investment. Buck stops with him still but I dare say if the team was performing anywhere near what he would have expected for the amount of money spend, our accounts wouldn’t be anywhere near as constrained as they are.
The likes of appointing & backing Ancelotti to end up 12th then 10th probably wasn’t what he expected / accounted for….

You are aware that there is a rule that says you can only lose 130m across three seasons aren't you?

And a big clue is we are over that...wayyy over that.
I am aware. No other club has fallen foul of FFP. Moshiri has to answer as to why he's let us get in this mess. We are seriously lacking as a squad under his ownership.

I am aware. No other club has fallen foul of FFP. Moshiri has to answer as to why he's let us get in this mess. We are seriously lacking as a squad under his ownership.

Go back to last year, we had Ancelotti who bought James, Allan, Godfrey and Doucoure. We gambled on getting Europe and we failed. Now we have to live within our means for a year until it gets scrapped. Hardly a crisis. If anything this reset will do us good in the long run.

Go back to last year, we had Ancelotti who bought James, Allan, Godfrey and Doucoure. We gambled on getting Europe and we failed. Now we have to live within our means for a year until it gets scrapped. Hardly a crisis. If anything this reset will do us good in the long run.
We say that every few years. We've been in transition since the 90s. We've been clearing deadwood since the 90s and now we are "resetting" for the millionth time.

Moshiri brought in a DoF with a view to creating a stable platform and culture at the club. He then chose his own managers every single time and he and those managers have pretty much dictated all of our transfers. We have lurched from one style to another, from one disaster to another. That is on moshiri. Brands should go just because he has just gone along with it.