Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Mate of mine is a City fan and he feels like theyve lost thier soul since the takeover

Minority opinion but i guess some City fans feel that way
What do they actually want remaining a yo-yo club to the championship like they were before the sheik arrived? I would quite happily ‘lose our soul’ to attain the level of success that city have had.

In a recent related thread that was just closed for reasons above my pay grade, I said.
...without the Stadium, Moshiri is nothing...(in relation to being an effective owner)
I stand by that.
EFC, is more than just about a New Stadium.
In fact, better footballing decisions by him and the people he appointed not withstanding.
Goodison still could be redone one stand at a time...It might take 20yrs ( more or less the time line of KD, DK and WHP) - but it won't be because it's all about the Sell On...always has been.
His perceived position...good or bad...has not been helped by the fact we were 7th-ish...with the odd go at 5th.
We're now 10th-ish with the odd go at 8th...by Allardyce to name but one.
Just say in like.

Rysantsev ( Moshi's man) steps down is replaced by Ismailov, Usmanov's nephew. Seems USM are getting more involved with the club!
Not so sure he’s exclusively Moshiris man, they’re both out of USM owned businesses, Global Natural Energy PLC which Mosh was CEO of but Uncle Uzzy was also on the board for.
More like swapping one USM presence for another.

Pretty much looks like he’s given up on a long term plan to compete, think he’s just going to try and keep our heads above the water while he builds the stadium and hopefully flog us to get his money back

Pretty much looks like he’s given up on a long term plan to compete, think he’s just going to try and keep our heads above the water while he builds the stadium and hopefully flog us to get his money back
We had to put a hold on spending at some stage. We had spent badly under Koeman, Fat Sam and Silva but still spent money last summer under Carlo and it all finished off pretty much with the same results. No one could go on spending money like we have been and not end up financially hamstrung. I'll be happy for this season and probably next season to not spend big and lumber us with players on big wages that don't offer anything to the team that we can't get rid of, so long as we can stay comfortably in the top ten.

In a recent related thread that was just closed for reasons above my pay grade, I said.
...without the Stadium, Moshiri is nothing...(in relation to being an effective owner)
I stand by that.
EFC, is more than just about a New Stadium.
In fact, better footballing decisions by him and the people he appointed not withstanding.
Goodison still could be redone one stand at a time...It might take 20yrs ( more or less the time line of KD, DK and WHP) - but it won't be because it's all about the Sell On...always has been.
His perceived position...good or bad...has not been helped by the fact we were 7th-ish...with the odd go at 5th.
We're now 10th-ish with the odd go at 8th...by Allardyce to name but one.
Just say in like.
Hard to disagree with any of that.

Obviously he will have had ‘no choice’ should he sell Richarlison, and if we were to then use the Richarlison money to buy players you will no doubt have people adding it to the amount that he has personally spent ‘since joining the club’.