Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
The window, followed by the news regarding further loans being taken out, has compounded the fears I had when it was revealed that Kenwright and Elstone were going nowhere.

A future shaped by those two is something I desperately want to see Everton avoid, and the fact that one has had a promotion while the other is still very much in the thick of the action fills me with dread.

It was be incredibly disappointing if Moshiri turns out to be simply the latest actor cast in the Paul Gregg/Robert Earl role.

First time in a very long time I was within a keyboard strike of committing on 2 season tks this summer. I held back to see how the transfer window would pan out in June/July and I realised then something just felt wrong about how we were going about our business.

On a positive note, we will get a new ground which will enable the club to be flipped again in 2-3 yrs but it will be window dressing away from the ground for the next couple of seasons. In the end, you have to look at the evidence in the public domain and that all points to a means to an end thus we have to hope that when the club is sold again that we get can progress the capital expenditure on the pitch not funded by player sales and loans.

The simple fact is that Moshiri is here to help with the new ground and the same old gang will be up to the same tricks each transfer window for a few years yet.

First time in a very long time I was within a keyboard strike of committing on 2 season tks this summer. I held back to see how the transfer window would pan out in June/July and I realised then something just felt wrong about how we were going about our business.

On a positive note, we will get a new ground which will enable the club to be flipped again in 2-3 yrs but it will be window dressing away from the ground for the next couple of seasons. In the end, you have to look at the evidence in the public domain and that all points to a means to an end thus we have to hope that when the club is sold again that we get can progress the capital expenditure on the pitch not funded by player sales and loans.

The simple fact is that Moshiri is here to help with the new ground and the same old gang will be up to the same tricks each transfer window for a few years yet.
It's not a fact though mate is it?. It's just your view which, if I may add, you're perfectly entitled to. Time may prove that you turn out to be correct and Mosh is just in it for the money.

I personally don't think he is, but even so, if it does happen as you expect, would it necessarily be a bad thing if we end up with a brand new state of the art stadium?

What is a simple fact is that you, alongside many other like minded members, frequently make negative posts about the club in this forum, consistently presenting them as factual when clearly they are just your views.

It's not a fact though mate is it?. It's just your view which, if I may add, you're perfectly entitled to. Time may prove that you turn out to be correct and Mosh is just in it for the money.

I personally don't think he is, but even so, if it does happen as you expect, would it necessarily be a bad thing if we end up with a brand new state of the art stadium?

What is a simple fact is that you, alongside many other like minded members, frequently make negative posts about the club in this forum, consistently presenting them as factual when clearly they are just your views.

Debate the club not the posters....you have been told before.

I was ridiculed all summer for suggesting Mosh wasn't going to spend big on players and I was proven right.

I still don't think he's going to personally invest in a new stadium and we'll be left with a handout job from the council. A brand new stadium is all well and good but when is that realistically going to happen? My guess is it will drag out for at least another few years before settling on an initial 45K capacity stadium, with a view to being able to expand should there be a demand for seats. Averages for last season are 38K in a 40K capacity stadium. Would look stupid building a 50K stadium with close to 12K seats empty. Just my opinion. I expect the usual "Kopite" abuse etc.

There's no evidence yet it will be a state of the art stadium but if it is then Moshiri will be a success. The stadium has been holding back the club for too long now.

Why should an ex manager who did nothing but respect and talk this club up not continue to be called a p***K by some? Have a think about it.
I was as angry as most with the way Moyes went about his business at Utd but we have had the last laugh and moved on.

Sunderland aren't our rivals so now I just wish him the best and I hope he gets a good reception.

I was ridiculed all summer for suggesting Mosh wasn't going to spend big on players and I was proven right.

I still don't think he's going to personally invest in a new stadium and we'll be left with a handout job from the council. A brand new stadium is all well and good but when is that realistically going to happen? My guess is it will drag out for at least another few years before settling on an initial 45K capacity stadium, with a view to being able to expand should there be a demand for seats. Averages for last season are 38K in a 40K capacity stadium. Would look stupid building a 50K stadium with close to 12K seats empty. Just my opinion. I expect the usual "Kopite" abuse etc.

Of course our average attendance is limited by our capacity. We get 38k in games where obviously the away section is not full and you also have restricted views. Big league games sell out immediately and quite a few fixtures are sold out each season regardless of poor team performance. This suggests that there is scope for expanding the capacity as it is before you even predict that attendances might rise with better results.

Just to point out, there is around 5k obstructed view seats in Goodsion at the moment so to get with in 2k of our capacity as an average should show that the demand is there, it should also be pointed out that a higher number of executive seats will help keep the average seat costs lower.

It wouldn't make sense financially to spend the sort of money a new stadium costs and only increase capacity by 5000 seats, they would never be able to justify that in my opinion

There's no evidence yet it will be a state of the art stadium but if it is then Moshiri will be a success. The stadium has been holding back the club for too long now.
Very true mate.

Therein lies another potential future problem. Our appetites have been whetted by the prospect of a riverside, £60,000 seat, state of the art stadium, and for many fans this will become our level of expectation too.

What happens if the club don't deliver at these levels. What if the dockland purchase falls through, or the site is too small to build he quality/size of stadium the fans demand. What if we end up with a cracking stadium but stuck out at some obscure brown field site in the middle of Knowsley somewhere.

In essence we'd still have moved on massively as a club, but imagine the fume on here

12k isn't a massive hole to fill

I am sure we would offer more family schemes and also would expect the better fatalities to encourage more people to attend.

50k is about perfect for us....but above that we could struggle

I am completely lost by people giving Moshiri stick and claiming he has no interest in spending money. You do realise it cost nearly 20 mil to get rid of Martinez and co and bring in Koeman, Walsh etc.

Not only that but it is confirmed that:

We had a bid of around 30 million on the table for Witsel
We bid 18 million for Kone
We bid 30 million for Sissoko
We bid around 20 million for that striker from Napoli
We bid 18 million for Perez

Each of them never came off for one reason or another, none of which were Everton's fault.

Now if all of them came off (of course we would have only signed one of Witsel and Sissoko and one of Perez or the lad from Napoli) that adds up to 56-58 million.

We sold Stones for 47 million, but we lost around 7 million to Barnsley. We would have also had to pay a loyalty bonus to Stones, I guess around 2-3 million. So the total we would have received for Stones is around 37 million.

We spent around £46 mil on Bolasie, Williams etc.

So firstly, we didn't make a profit in the window. We made a loss of around 8-10 million.

If the rest of our business had come off, that would have been a net spend of around 65-70 million.

The money was there! Unfortunately our lack of status, no European football and issues with the selling club meant we struggled. This process will take time and as Koeman has already said up to 4 windows to get the team right.

Lets all chill and enjoy the ride.

Very true mate.

Therein lies another potential future problem. Our appetites have been whetted by the prospect of a riverside, £60,000 seat, state of the art stadium, and for many fans this will become our level of expectation too.

What happens if the club don't deliver at these levels. What if the dockland purchase falls through, or the site is too small to build he quality/size of stadium the fans demand. What if we end up with a cracking stadium but stuck out at some obscure brown field site in the middle of Knowsley somewhere.

In essence we'd still have moved on massively as a club, but imagine the fume on here
I disagree. If he moves us out to the outskirts of Liverpool I think we would have a hard time both keeping our existing fan base and certainly building on it.

So in my view then he won't be a success and it will have been a cost effective move that maximizes his profit while lumbering us with a stadium that doesn't fit our needs for decades to come.

In business there's no such thing as excuses just a lack of money to fix the problems. Just any new stadium won't be better for the fans. Look at West Ham.

12k isn't a massive hole to fill

I am sure we would offer more family schemes and also would expect the better fatalities to encourage more people to attend.

50k is about perfect for us....but above that we could struggle
Surely if we build a 60K seater stadium we could fill it if we just lower the price of the tickets.