Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,262 92.2%

• Total voters
I agree. You need roughly 2 board members per arm of the business.

Arm's in simple terms being.

Commercial.
Infrastructure.
Team.

You need a respected senior football administrator as Chairman, your CEO, a good corporate person who understands how to do deals and construct them, a good finance guy, and a strategist - no real need for anyone else.

It's all very exciting isn't it, but ...

I'd love a statement of intent from Mr. Moshiri outlining his vision.

I'd love some news on the world class manager front very soon.

I'd love a definitive stadium plan, not options.

I'd love the players to buy into the vision & stop making ridiculous comments whilst on International duty.

They say patience is a virtue. Come on Farhad son, make my week.

Starting to think the first 3 will be delivered. Not a clue when mind.

But good luck on hoping football players stop saying daft things in interviews/press conferences.

I think that depends upon who of the existing board step down. A board of David Dein, David Gilravy, Alexander Ryazantsev, a new CEO and perhaps someone with a global marketing or business development expertise would be very powerful. I do not see the reason for a board being much bigger than 5 or 6 in a business as relatively straightforward as a football club.
You have spoken at length about the plans moshiri has for the club. Getting things right off the pitch only enhances the prospect of getting things right on the pitch. I think that is why we were all so excited initially when moshiri came on board, he clearly has a clear plan and vision for the club and adding expertise to the board in their respective areas gives us a better chance to significantly take the club forward.

The kits are not available in any shops outside of the two Everton shops in Liverpool.
We also get a very small but guaranteed share of the profits, rather than bringing merchandise in house and taking all of the profits.
As well as all the risk don't forget.
Not defending the kitbag deal, just pointing out that if merchandise is brought in-house, the costs and risk become genuine factors to bear in mind, as does sourcing, stock management, security and obsolescence.

Dein would be a great coup for us,always felt Arsenals empire began to crumble when he went.
I'm sure I read somewhere David dein is very friendly with kenwright. When you consider moshiri's previous involvement with arsenal, then it seems a 'natural fit' for dein to offer his expertise and guidance to us, particularly with regards to the stadium issue.

Sevilla coach Unai Emery says on-loan Barcelona forward Gerard Deulofeu doesn't have the maturity to make it at the top level yet.

Deulofeu has spent the season in Andalusia after Luis Enrique decided he wasn't ready for first team action at Barça, but he has found minutes hard to come by.

Talking to The Guardian ahead of Wednesday night's Europa League final with Dnipro, Emery explained why Deulofeu is such a frustrating player.

“He has incredible qualities but lacks others. Put him out there, one on one and ... pfff,” Emery told Sid Lowe.

“But make him play football with teammates, on a big pitch, and it’s hard. He doesn’t have the maturity or capacity for sacrifice yet.

"I told him: 'There are players here who aspire to a contract like yours, men with less talent but more hunger: Iborra, Carriço, Vitolo. They know what it costs. You haven’t experienced that. When you do, you’ll grow. I hope you get that. If not here, somewhere else.'"

The 21-year-old is expected to return to Camp Nou in the summer, although another loan move shouldn't be ruled out.

He spent last season on loan at Everton in England.

Straight-talking, and not a 'phenomenal' in sight.