Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
That's basically it in a nutshell.

Did an appalling job and then palmed us off to another set of carpetbaggers.

He'll not be remembered fondly
This lot actually are carpetbaggers. Moshiri was utterly useless and needed to go but, Dave's sloganeering aside, he put more money in than he's going to take out, he was incompetent not a carpetbagger.

Leaves the club in a worse financial state than when he arrived in 2016, responsible for 3 of the worst managerial choices in club history but will still be lauded by the koolaid drinkers solely for the stadium

If he hadn't have addressed the stadium issue we'd be more or less in the same position and we'd still have to go through the same pain of finding/funding and building a new stadium only now it would be 1 billion+

That stadium is currently the best thing about this club and offers us a way forward and a glimmer of hope. I want to know what koolaid you've been drinking to not be able to see that.

If he hadn't have addressed the stadium issue we'd be more or less in the same position and we'd still have to go through the same pain of finding/funding and building a new stadium only now it would be 1 billion+

That stadium is currently the best thing about this club and offers us a way forward and a glimmer of hope. I want to know what koolaid you've been drinking to not be able to see that.
It’s been done at the expense of the club finances, the project should have been put on hold until it was 100% funded and focus put on the team not the other way round

Moshiri and Kenwright you only piled misery on Everton and agreeing to sell to 777 will only continue our misery

Once you're at it you should also sell your companies and theatres to 777

This lot actually are carpetbaggers. Moshiri was utterly useless and needed to go but, Dave's sloganeering aside, he put more money in than he's going to take out, he was incompetent not a carpetbagger.
I kind of felt sorry for him because I think he wanted to do the right things and pump money in whenever he could but the problems were:
1. Kenwright had his ear
2. He knew nothing about football
3. He knew nothing about running a club
4. All his money dried up with the war
5. Covid screwed our cash flow more than most
6. He was so easily manipulated by agents

I actually think that since the money dried up we’ve operated far better, letting Thelwell do his job and not interfering we’ve had some impressive windows given we’ve spent nothing.

It’s been done at the expense of the club finances, the project should have been put on hold until it was 100% funded and focus put on the team not the other way round

That's not how any stadium over say 10,000 seats is built. We don't have the headroom to nestle away 50-100 million a year into the stadium funding pot and by the time we did we might find we need another 250 million as everything has gone up, by the time we have that extra it's gone up another 80 million and so on.

What your mixing up here is saying all debt is bad. If you take out loans and you use that for the transfer fees for Sigurdsson, Mina, Bolasie and Tosun then that is obviously very bad debt as it had no return and with playing staff that is always a risk. BM should take our matchday income from 12-15 million to around 45-60 million, as long as that extra services the debt you have a new stadium for nothing. It isn't money you were ever going to have at Goodison so you can't say I will divert that money you spent on BM into the team (see the bad debt thingy above).

Now if you can generate more money than it costs to repay the loan and plus what we earn at Goodison then that is extra you can spend on the team year on year to make improvements. This stadium gives opportunity to do so through corporate events, meeting spaces, concerts, much more chance of a larger stadium tours income and general sponsorship. That is the point of having a new stadium and yes there is pain as there is always a hump until it opens and starts to generate income, but it is more than worth it in the end.

Last edited:
Is there a decisive list anywhere of all the things that have gone wrong, not worked out or just been examples of bad leadership since Moshiri came in? I’ve got a mate in America asking me about the nee takeover and trying to explain the predicament we’re in to him genuinely I can’t get it all down to explain it to him

Is there a decisive list anywhere of all the things that have gone wrong, not worked out or just been examples of bad leadership since Moshiri came in? I’ve got a mate in America asking me about the nee takeover and trying to explain the predicament we’re in to him genuinely I can’t get it all down to explain it to him
Don’t think anybody has the time to write down all the mistakes, errors and just downright ignorant decisions that this clown and the biggest blue ever have made.

Don’t think anybody has the time to write down all the mistakes, errors and just downright ignorant decisions that this clown and the biggest blue ever have made.

I’d say they should make a show of it but it would end up knocking Bills beloved Corrie off the top spot for longest running show.

There’s a pint for anyone with the memory to get it all down