Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,264 92.2%

• Total voters
0_uP1IeDAp627IqsyD.jpg

Moshiri signed us up for this circus. He is not a football man, he kept Kenwright involved for no apparent reason (I assume Kenwright made it part of the deal of his shares).

He appointed a DOF, of whom he overstepped his mark many times and used his dodgy connections with agents to sign players.
He appointed a man, warned by supporters would not be welcome, a man who has no motivation to do well, a man who has no history of doing well with teams in distress. He has given this man full control of everything football related in which will see this football club burn.

The only positive thing, and I mean the ONLY positive thing is that he has got the stadium over the line. This is the only difference at the club when you compare it to how Sunderland went.

We were ran much better under Kenwright, but we wanted more, and it backfired.

Heaven forbid the fans would want more than a mediocre team, playing in a creaky old stadium whilst all of our competitors outspend us every year.

It’s an absolutely ridiculous statement this, because it suggests the fans are to blame for having some ambition.

Kenright and Moshiri both had/have a lot of faults and that has impacted the club.

This is Moshiri's quote when he hired Ancelotti:

"I think Everton is a very, very difficult job in football because you are two home losses from being disowned by fans. I think it’s very hard, so what we’ve noticed is that it’s difficult to cope for younger managers. You have the bad runs, but I think the fans didn’t give them any time."

You can blame the owner but ultimately the fans have also played their part in pushing this fella down the road to the current mess we find ourselves in.
Except it’s nonsense and Ancelotti shows why. Last season was absolutely garbage but the fans still backed him, arguably more than most other clubs would have.

You cannot honestly blame a fan base when we keep hiring garbage managers. Moshiri needs to take a look in the mirror and take responsibility for the situation instead of pretending Everton is some kind of poisoned chalice because the fans won’t accept rubbish. Maybe when the club stop hiring managers who have been relagated on the grounds they have “premier league experience” we might see some unity (see Ancelotti for proof).

Moshiri won't hire young up and coming managers as he doesn't trust them to be able to handle our fans who lose their heads soon as we lose a few games.

Hence why you're getting the likes of Carlo, Raffa and God knows who else down the line.
Our supporters at home have been quite patient with this dross, this fella couldn't run a bath hasn't got a clue about football

Except it’s nonsense and Ancelotti shows why. Last season was absolutely garbage but the fans still backed him, arguably more than most other clubs would have.

You cannot honestly blame a fan base when we keep hiring garbage managers. Moshiri needs to take a look in the mirror and take responsibility for the situation instead of pretending Everton is some kind of poisoned chalice because the fans won’t accept rubbish. Maybe when the club stop hiring managers who have been relagated on the grounds they have “premier league experience” we might see some unity (see Ancelotti for proof).

Im not suggesting the fanbase are the main issue - im suggesting the same fans who act like they are so hard done by need to acknowledge that the owner they are hammering has pandered to them for years sacking managers as soon as we go on a poor run.

Koeman 7th > season later gets sacked 8 games in.

Silva 8th > season later gets sacked not even half a season in.

Alladyce abused from day one despite ultimately doing a decent job that season taking us to 8th.

All the millions spent sacking the above that also came from the owners pocket surely the fans have to understand that they have a part to play in this mess?

Im not suggesting the fanbase are the main issue - im suggesting the same fans who act like they are so hard done by need to acknowledge that the owner they are hammering has pandered to them for years sacking managers as soon as we go on a poor run.

Koeman 7th > season later gets sacked 8 games in.

Silva 8th > season later gets sacked not even half a season in.

Alladyce abused from day one despite ultimately doing a decent job that season taking us to 8th.

All the millions spent sacking the above that also came from the owners pocket surely the fans have to understand that they have a part to play in this mess?

The next one will be different I’m sure….

Cheers for posting that mate. Not on Twitter so at least I know they made them have it at full time.

Twitter can be a cesspit at times but at least you can control what you see a lot. Should get on it. I just follow some news accounts as it tends to break there before the papers/tv. Also a few Everton accounts and the odd Nat Geo one.

Everton currently reminds me of one those grifter films like dirty rotten scoundrels where theres a hopelessly naive mark like moshiri and all the swindlers converge on him like Benitez jai and bill , exploiting him for their gain

Last edited: