Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,264 92.2%

• Total voters

This charade can go on no longer. The simple question is: did Roman loan Chelsea FC money via a holding company?

The answer is yes, therefore a loan agreement is in place
Yes, but RA is a special case. Highly unusually, he is not going to call in that loan.
Our guy like the rest of tHe populationis going to call it in.
So I can say that Chelsea to all intents and purposes can treat that loan as investment because tHey know it will never be called in.

Yes, but RA is a special case. Highly unusually, he is not going to call in that loan.
Our guy like the rest of tHe populationis going to call it in.
So I can say that Chelsea to all intents and purposes can treat that loan as investment because tHey know it will never be called in.

I thought you were a solicitor

But by doing it this way any other commercial money we get in can be used to improve things on the pitch. Surely that's good isn't it?

My concern is for the long term well being of the club. Paying for a stadium is a risky business at the best of times, when you add on a deal on funding that has uncertainty surrounding control for four decades to come, that makes it even more of a risk. Build a stadium and get it paid off asap has to be our objective. I had harboured some hope that Moshiri would have a lot more skin in the game than nothing, not the least of reasons being that any increasing costs for the project would be avoided like the plague if some of the liability was headed toward him.

And you haven't answered about who should pay for the stadium...moshiri out of his own pocket... which no other owner has done... or Everton themselves...

Also spurs' turnover is a hell of a lot more than ours so not a fair comparison.. without checking but from memory it's about double ours? But I stand to be corrected

We are playing catch up with the likes of spurs due to chronic lack of board knowledge of how to move us forward commercially and financially. We could never hope to so what spurs have done in terms of funding.. . This is probably the best deal we could get. And the risk to both council and Everton is minimal really.. unless the club totally Implodes and I think none of us want that!!
...and you haven't allowed for the possibility of opening the club up to a share issue or offering something like a debenture issue for seats which could cut down the need for institutional borrowing.

As I see it, there are two concerns here: one is balance between internal and external control of the club in this whole process; the other is the role of Moshiri who appears to have decided upon his "clever" funding model that no other top flight club would contemplate to the exclusion of more orthodox stadium funding models. He'll be here short term; the club will be here long after he's gone and will be dealing with the consequences of the architecture of his deal - through whatever environment exists in the coming decades for a consumer product like PL football.

Finally: I cant believe how lacking in caution are the views of many on here who seem to just be giddy with the prospect of a stadium at the docks and who've apparently thrown all reason out the window to the extent that they are unwilling even to look at all possibilities. We've just had two of the worst owners of this club in history in succession in the shape of Johnson and Kenwright, but some are willing to give a man like Moshiri a blank cheque to construct whatever plan he likes on this most crucial of issues.

I dont get it. We're not sheep who accept everything as a given. That's not my experience of my fellow Evertonians anyway.