Homepage Article Farhad Moshiri Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Farhad Moshiri is hopeful Carlo Ancelotti’s experience will ensure he’s well placed to manage Evertonian expectations.Speaking to Jim White on talkSPORT, Farhad Moshiri said: “I’ve been here for some time. We’ve had managers from Wigan, Southampton, Watford – they’ve always had their impact but we’ve invested heavily into a group of players – they’re all internationals so we think they would benefit from someone with pedigree. It has nothing to do with Hollywood, really. I’ve had my most enjoyable time with Duncan and we’re really grateful to him, this is the club and I think we just need to keep this. That’s the most valuable aspect of Everton, not Hollywood. You know, this passion, celebration of fans and the manager together and Carlo [Ancelotti] is a real football man, we hope with Duncan [Ferguson] next to him we keep the passion and we build on it”.

On being asked on the significance of the appointment after Koeman, Allardyce and Silva, Moshiri said: “Look, Everton is a...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Rather strange inference that the fans weren't patient enough with Silva. Any more patience and we would be in an even worse state.

Interesting comments about not having the financial base.

Is he referring to commercial revenue there? It would seem odd to hint at a period of austerity on the same day Ancelotti has had his first press conference. I suspect it's the former even though I would still assume we will have to be very careful with stadium funding to be factored in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.