Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Not saying anyone is a bigger blue than anyone else, everyone has their own reasons for going or not going. If the cost outweighs the benefits or the money could be spent better then of course people have to do what's best for them and their families.

Supporting Everton is like a marriage though, sometimes there are going to be rough patches and things seem like they are going wrong but it can soon swing back the other way.
I've been waiting 25 years for it to swing back the other way mate. If my marriage was like this I'd have got divorced a long time ago.

I've been waiting 25 years for it to swing back the other way mate. If my marriage was like this I'd have got divorced a long time ago.

We've had brief moments in the sun. Who'd have thought we'd have got Ancelotti and James a couple of seasons ago. Because we didn't get to see them (or much) is a little more like the old Everton we know.

The fact is we've never been closer to challenging due to the backing but it we've also made some bad decisions and for that we have to take some medicine now. Let's get to the new stadium and see what happens thereafter. If we can bag a couple of decent players then we won't have a bad nucleus of a team.

We've had brief moments in the sun. Who'd have thought we'd have got Ancelotti and James a couple of seasons ago. Because we didn't get to see them (or much) is a little more like the old Everton we know.

The fact is we've never been closer to challenging due to the backing but it we've also made some bad decisions and for that we have to take some medicine now. Let's get to the new stadium and see what happens thereafter. If we can bag a couple of decent players then we won't have a bad nucleus of a team.
I suppose that's just where we differ. I feel like we're further away now than we've ever been. The appointment of Benitez would just be confirmation for me that we were settling for midtable mediocrity for the foreseeable, and would be a continuation of us just not doing the right things. That added to him being who he is is enough to make me genuinely consider whether I can be bothered anymore. To keep it on topic, I think Moshiri has been a bit of a disaster in many ways. His decision making and PR have been highly questionable, and he just doesn't seem to learn.

I think in the the Moyes (and first season of Martinez) years, we were definitely a lot closer to challenging than we are right now.

The Koeman, Silva and Ancelotti years have been utterly dreadful really, and we’ve definitely moved backwards by most meaningful metrics.

Chucking money at something will inevitably result in some of the “big names” joining, which give the illusion that we’re having moments in the sun, but those signings essentially become an expensive part of a failing unit.

The problems run really deep and the buck absolutely has to stop with Moshiri.

Sad state of events pal, but don't jump down my throat, haha, because I don't want him either. What would you do if he ended our ridiculously long wait for a new trophy ? And I know it's highly unlikely, but what if...

It's a fair question, and some of my mates have asked me the same thing.

Thing is, for me, supporting Everton is about more than just winning games and I accept everyone has a different take on this.

I support Everton because my dad did, his dad did, I *think* his dad did and my sons do too.

Winning a trophy under him just wouldn't feel the same. You can't go from proper loathing to adulation.

I'm not going to go Goodison and boo the fella from the start because the team don't deserve that, but he's certainly not getting my support. That being the case, I won't feel as invested in it if he managed to win something.

I hate him mate. Proper absolutely detest him. I get that I'm probably at the far end of the spectrum on this one and under normal circumstances I'd be reading an opinion like my one on here which is so polarized and think "that lad's a bit weird", but this is my line.

What would you do if your sister or your mother married the person you hate most in the world? I can only vaguely liken it to how I might feel if that ever happened.

If we win a trophy, great, I'd rather we won it than not, but to me it would feel hollow. This fella crossed lines nobody else has in my lifetime and there's just no coming back from it.

We could go on at some point under Moshiri to have the most successful period in our history at some point but if he appoints Benitez, I won't ever forget just how dramatically far removed he proved himself to be from the the fanbase on this issue.

Thing is, for me, supporting Everton is about more than just winning games and I accept everyone has a different take on this.

I support Everton because my dad did, his dad did, I *think* his dad did and my sons do too.

Winning a trophy under him just wouldn't feel the same. You can't go from proper loathing to adulation.

I'm not going to go Goodison and boo the fella from the start because the team don't deserve that, but he's certainly not getting my support. That being the case, I won't feel as invested in it if he managed to win something.

I hate him mate. Proper absolutely detest him. I get that I'm probably at the far end of the spectrum on this one and under normal circumstances I'd be reading an opinion like my one on here which is so polarized and think "that lad's a bit weird", but this is my line.

What would you do if your sister or your mother married the person you hate most in the world? I can only vaguely liken it to how I might feel if that ever happened.

If we win a trophy, great, I'd rather we won it than not, but to me it would feel hollow. This fella crossed lines nobody else has in my lifetime and there's just no coming back from it.

We could go on at some point under Moshiri to have the most successful period in our history at some point but if he appoints Benitez, I won't ever forget just how dramatically far removed he proved himself to be from the the fanbase on this issue.
You're not alone there. Other than my Dad's Dad being a RS your post could have been written by me word for word.

I will always support the team of players as they are the ones that go out on the pitch and win the games but I'd struggle to support the club in general if the likes of Moshiri, Brands, Kenwright et al feel it is acceptable to apppoint someone like Rafael. It's just unacceptable.

Tbh mate i don't think your as far at the end of the spectrum as you think, a lot of our fans a feeling, a bit alienated atm, like you if we win a trophy I'll be made up, but not as made up when I think who our manager is. Hard to explain it really, yes just not a likeable personality at all and I can't imagine what his reception would be like, could well be toxic and that's the last thing we need with all the upheaval were going through, again. But with me the club comes first not the owners of the manager.

You're not alone there. Other than my Dad's Dad being a RS your post could have been written by me word for word.

I will always support the team of players as they are the ones that go out on the pitch and win the games but I'd struggle to support the club in general if the likes of Moshiri, Brands, Kenwright et al feel it is acceptable to apppoint someone like Rafael. It's just unacceptable.
Only one of those three can stop it happening (or indeed make it happen).

I suppose that's just where we differ. I feel like we're further away now than we've ever been. The appointment of Benitez would just be confirmation for me that we were settling for midtable mediocrity for the foreseeable, and would be a continuation of us just not doing the right things. That added to him being who he is is enough to make me genuinely consider whether I can be bothered anymore. To keep it on topic, I think Moshiri has been a bit of a disaster in many ways. His decision making and PR have been highly questionable, and he just doesn't seem to learn.
I think in the the Moyes (and first season of Martinez) years, we were definitely a lot closer to challenging than we are right now.

The Koeman, Silva and Ancelotti years have been utterly dreadful really, and we’ve definitely moved backwards by most meaningful metrics.

Chucking money at something will inevitably result in some of the “big names” joining, which give the illusion that we’re having moments in the sun, but those signings essentially become an expensive part of a failing unit.

The problems run really deep and the buck absolutely has to stop with Moshiri.

Before last season the last time we topped the league after the first couple of games was 1993. We were still 2nd at Christmas (I believe) and although we faltered badly it was still a step up from being totally out of it and then having a good end to the season when the pressure is completely off to mask it. We've had higher finishes but bar from a couple we never looked like challenging for the CL places.

I get that the whole losing Carlo and then the apparent but not a forgone conclusion appointment of Benitez feels like one kick in the teeth after another but we are as a base better than we were say the season after we got into Europe with Koeman. This squad with one or two additions is far greater. I wished there was a manager who was universally wanted and would want to come to us was available. Everything is risk when looking at the names, as I said we might have to put up with it for now but hopefully we can move on quickly thereafter.