Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
I have to admit im starting to feel that way aswell. He may very well prove to be another Kenwright just with more money and I really do fear for our future with him at the moment. I've been prepared to give him alot of time but he's quickly eroding any good will at present in his off the field decisions.

Yeah cos the last 22 years have been an utter dream.

It won’t.

Nothing turns “nasty” at Goodison.

Apathy Rules OK.

As anyone who was there on Monday night will attest.

Were you not there when people turned on Martinez and Koeman?

I was also at Burnley and Swansea when most of the away section was chanting for him to F off. And whilst quiet on Monday, there were a couple of banners.

I get your point to an extent but I guarantee people won’t be happy if we’ve had no clarity by the Saints game next week. You honestly think people will clap him?

Were you not there when people turned on Martinez and Koeman?

I was also at Burnley and Swansea when most of the away section was chanting for him to F off. And whilst quiet on Monday, there were a couple of banners.

I get your point to an extent but I guarantee people won’t be happy if we’ve had no clarity by the Saints game next week. You honestly think people will clap him?

I must have been there because I rarely miss a home game but any displays of proper anger must have occured when I had dozed off because I have not seen a great deal of anger at Goodison since the cushion chuckers were deprived off their ammunition :blush:

I am not saying for one minute people will clap him after Saints....just saying there will be no chorus of abuse either.

The team will be clapped as they go round the ground though and Sam will claim that to be an endorsement of his tactics :(

Now, the away lids gave him what’s for at those grounds you mention.....let’s hope they keep up the good work tomorrow.

I fear it is pointless though......because I think he will still be here at the start of next seadon :mad:

What he guilty of really all we have done is thread water really and he has invested you cant knock that.

You can knock the structures in place at board level where the problem lies.

Long term i think he is fattening us up to sell us on, but that doesn't mean he cant be good for the club in between.

What he guilty of really all we have done is thread water really and he has invested you cant knock that.

You can knock the structures in place at board level where the problem lies.

Long term i think he is fattening us up to sell us on, but that doesn't mean he cant be good for the club in between.
That's completely off the mark.

We haven't just tread water, we are in a far worse position now than we were when he arrived. We were competing for a trophy when he arrived for one thing, and though the league position was poor we had a group of players easily capable of getting top 6 - a point they proved a couple of seasons before that in spades. Now we are miles off that point. We have regressed alarmingly and their is no sense that spending will solve anything (and I dont believe there will be any such repetition of the levels of spending we've seen...spending cash generated by player sales and tv revenue increases, btw). We have no identity or style and the morale of the club's supporters is close to crisis levels.

Moshiri has been toxic for this club. The lack of rigorous governance is down to him. He calls the shots ultimately and there can be no hiding behind any nonsense about 'getting shut of the deadwood before he can get things right'...he's to blame for this mess, no one else.

We haven't just tread water, we are in a far worse position now than we were when he arrived. We were competing for a trophy when he arrived for one thing, and though the league position was poor we had a group of players easily capable of getting top 6 - a point they proved a couple of seasons before that in spades. Now we are miles off that point. We have regressed alarmingly and their is no sense that spending will solve anything (and I dont believe there will be any such repetition of the levels of spending we've seen...spending cash generated by player sales and tv revenue increases, btw). We have no identity or style and the morale of the club's supporters is close to crisis levels.

Moshiri has been toxic for this club. The lack of rigorous governance is down to him. He calls the shots ultimately and there can be no hiding behind any nonsense about 'getting shut of the deadwood before he can get things right'...he's to blame for this mess, no one else.

To be fair mate, thats a valid opinion on the spectrum. I dont think he has bad intentions for us, i also think he is willing to invest, to fatten us up and sell us on. I do think he deserves the benefit of the doubt at this point as any decision he made that hasn't worked out he has been proactive in sorting out. The share ownership is basket case stuff and leading to such a mess in governance.

I was listening to Martinez the other night and he spoke some waffle, but he spoke some sense as well. At the very least he had a philosophy and he stuck to it as you say we lack identity and direction at the moment, or we are to quick to change mid flow leaving a squad of square pegs in round holes with a new manager who wants to play a certain way.

Those two cup semi finals look very appealing now, in the cold light of day.

There was an assumption amongst some all along (myself included) that things would improve once Moshiri had his own people in.

I still think that holds true to an extent and we desperately need to see those changes in the summer.

At best, Kenwright and Elstone and their cabal are effectively adding nothing of value, at worst they are directly or indirectly getting in the way of progress.

Structurally, the club is set up to fail. It is the CEO which is the key appointment as the success or failure of that office holder sets the tone for everything else.

Moshiri has had two years now and if nothing else, surely that's been an eye-opener to him as to what works and what doesn't.

In terms of the expected personnel changes, we are probably only one more bad decision away from finding ourselves in a spiral out of which we may never emerge.

There was an assumption amongst some all along (myself included) that things would improve once Moshiri had his own people in.

I still think that holds true to an extent and we desperately need to see those changes in the summer.

At best, Kenwright and Elstone and their cabal are effectively adding nothing of value, at worst they are directly or indirectly getting in the way of progress.

Structurally, the club is set up to fail. It is the CEO which is the key appointment as the success or failure of that office holder sets the tone for everything else.

Moshiri has had two years now and if nothing else, surely that's been an eye-opener to him as to what works and what doesn't.

In terms of the expected personnel changes, we are probably only one more bad decision away from finding ourselves in a spiral out of which we may never emerge.
Its not a case of money or not these days.

Its a massively unusual situation where the balance of power is held 50/50 by an old regime and a new one essentially it a board made up of comprmise and keeping everyone happy.

What that has led to is unclear approach that has drippied down to every facet of managerial structure below it.

I think we have a lot of good people at the club, on each side but a board made up of compromise means ultimately we lack direction and clarity on approach and goals. If Mosh comes into your office or rep on a Tues and Bill comes in on Thurs and both offer their two sense and both are officers of club and defacto your boss and both a re sending different messages it just leads to confusion. I dont even think there are power places i think they are working really hard to find a middle ground and accommodate everyone view, leading to middle ground medicoracy.

But if you are in middle management like Sam or Walsh or Koeman what do you do. The reality is there are consequences Koeman was sacked, Walsh could well be, as could Sam. Ultimately the scapegoats have been in management tiers below the board.

While whatever decisions are made in the summer, be it Sam going, Walsh going a new manager and Brands coming in, im not sure uncertainty and or new DOF and manager to this league in the melting pot of a squad overall in the right approach this summer. To many people who have to get to know the club, the league, new country. Launch in that we are likely going to get a new CEO. The whole summer has the potential to be a new basket case. Some stability is needed somewhere in my opinion to avoid the mess that was last summer. I think we will get it at board level.

Was this when we got into the top six when spurs weren't one of the best teams in the league? Or when man u didn't have one of the best managers in the world? We may of had a team capable of getting top six back then just a shame we didn't have a manager capable of it.

Let's have a look at the teams we played in this last season under Martinez. The two semi finals that you cling too, that justify your love of the man shall we.

League cup:

2nd round, Barnsley away
3rd round, reading away
4th round, Norwich home
5th round, Middlesbrough away
Semi's, Manchester city...and we're out!

F.A. cup:
3rd round, dag & red home
4th round, Carlisle away
5th round, Bournemouth away
6th round, Chelsea at home
Semi's, Manchester united...and we're out!

Not exactly moyes 09 cup run was it. The only team we beat that was any good was Chelsea and they were in the middle of their worst season in about 20 years. Any other time we played decent teams aka city and United we were beat. Through stupid decisions made by the manager. Bringing kone on when we were under the kosh against city and needed a out ball, while lennon was on the bench. Or letting lukaku be our penalty taker when he can't take penalties.

Koeman last season were embarrassing in the cups I'll give you that but he did play rotated squads in the cups. Still no excuse for me there.

This season league cup:
3rd round, Sunderland home
4th round, Chelsea away

F.A. cup:
3rd round, liverpool away

4th round tie away from home for unworths first game and a 3rd round tie at a ground we haven't won at in 20 years.

Moshiri isn't supposed to be running the club he is supposed to see us financially stable. It's the board, chairman and CEO who all run the club. The only thing i feel Moshiri is guilty of is leaving the crap from the old regime in charge, especially with the way kenwrights health has been.

Your problem for me is simple, you have a let's say strange obsession with Martinez and you hate anyone that has crossed him. Baines who has been nothing but a model blue because he spoke out about him, Moshiri because he sacked him.