Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Moshiri still smoking out the wheat from the chaff as far as interest goes.

This guy seems desperate. And he's lost his other partners.

He doesn't appear to have either the pedigree nor the wealth to make this a credible proposition.

If Moshiri can fund another 12 months of the build will private finance still be spooked?

I know there is now a potential further issue with interest rates but if I was looking for a mortgage on a house and could show the bank I had already paid for and built more than half of it I'd be a good candidate for a long-term loan no?

We badly need him to write blank cheques mate.
I cant see that. He's desperate to exit. He apparently values the club in excess of £400M. If he's up against it then he's going to demand less and there'll be a stampede to buy Everton. We just need Moshiri to get real and walk away. If he really has severed links with USM and he's digging into personal wealth, another 2 years of stumping up for a stadium build is going to be tough for him. If he sells now there will be a queue of buyers. But if that stadium is built the valuation he places on the club would deter buyers and he may have a problem on his hands being patient...while all the time the quality of the team to stay up will be tested every season.

He has to sell IMO. Let's hope it's to the right buyer.

Need some one on this 24/7 so it doesn’t drag on for years.
Can think of only 1 man for the job
6CCB413C-1B56-4863-BC12-72B621A6AFAC.jpeg

I cant see that. He's desperate to exit. He apparently values the club in excess of £400M. If he's up against it then he's going to demand less and there'll be a stampede to buy Everton. We just need Moshiri to get real and walk away. If he really has severed links with USM and he's digging into personal wealth, another 2 years of stumping up for a stadium build is going to be tough for him. If he sells now there will be a queue of buyers. But if that stadium is built the valuation he places on the club would deter buyers and he may have a problem on his hands being patient...while all the time the quality of the team to stay up will be tested every season.

On Moshiri, whatever your feeling on the management of the club, its a layered debate for my mind and instead of for and against his regime you have to deconstruct it in terms of the overall welfare of the club. I agree i think he want out, we are a financial black hole for him, to be fair one he has created, but we are utterly dependent on him and badly need him and his finance. If a different buyer emerges we have to be open minded - but this take over is snake in the grass stuff, the motivation here wont be in the best interests in the club and we dont have Bill with the authority to safeguard the club this time to find "the right buyer".

There are two main elements to look at:

1) What we are all here for the footballing side of the club, safe to say it has been a car crash since 2016, backed up by poor appointments of DOFs and managers in the main, this has led to profligate spending and an overall regression from a footballing performance point of view. Essentially we have become a club who should expect to compete for a European place regularly to one who has one eye over its shoulder at relegation, via spending 100's of millions to achieve this.

2) The overall finances of the club and the club well being. Make no mistake about it the club has been is likely presently a basket case, we're in the process of incrementally reducing losses, which topped £120 million at last accounts published, i have us at about £80 million (depending on the Richarlison money) this season - other lads on here like Marco would disagree with me and think we are close to breaking even, but i still think we are significantly loss making. The club is loss making and will be for a few years yet. We essentially went from spending what we could afford under Bill albeit via debt, to spending what we couldn't afford under Moshiri, that in a way didn't matter or blip on radar bar the limits of profit and sustainability rules. What Moshiri did was just write of the losses with his personal wealth, thats real actual money being pumped into the club to cover our debts and ensure the club can operate, it has real bills to pay it cant afford. Ultimately Moshiri has pushed up costs throug his spending and the club hasnt gwown or be succesful enough to cover its debts and its made the club utterly dependent on him and his finances, without it its struggling to survive without his cash injections and will be for the next few years, without a fire sale. Unless a new owner is coming in to do similar we are struggling financially and we know what happens then. This new lad doesn't strike me based on the evidence above Azza has posted to be someone who will honor debt and seems unethical in terms of business management. Nor does he have the resources.

Ultimately, two things can exist at the same time, Moshiri may be an absolute loon in terms of his management of the progression of the club from a footballing point of view, but he is a massive investor and that absolutely safeguards the well being of the club, we are utterly dependent on him and without the blank cheuqes we will begin to see bigger concerns in our losses beyond the frustration of profit and loss, the club will have to sell players or assets really.

Last edited:
On Moshiri, whatever your feeling on the management of the club, its a layered debate for my mind and instead of for and against his regime you have to deconstruct it in terms of the overall welfare of the club. I agree i think he want out, we are a financial black hole for him, to be fair one he has created, but we are utterly dependent on him and badly need him and his finance. If a different buyer emerges we have to be open minded - but this take over is snake in the grass stuff, the motivation here wont be in the best interests in the club and we dont have Bill with the authority to safeguard the club this time to find "the right buyer".

There are two main elements to look at:

1) What we are all here for the footballing side of the club, safe to say it has been a car crash since 2016, backed up by poor appointments of DOFs and managers in the main, this has led to profligate spending and an overall regression from a footballing performance point of view. Essentially we have become a club who should expect to compete for a European place regularly to one who has one eye over its shoulder at relegation, via spending 100's of millions to achieve this.

2) The overall finances of the club and the club well being. Make no mistake about it the club has been is likely presently a basket case, we're in the process of incrementally reducing losses, which topped £120 million at last accounts published, i have us at about £80 million (depending on the Richarlison money) this season - other lads on here like Marco would disagree with me and think we are close to breaking even, but i still think we are significantly loss making. The club is loss making and will be for a few years yet. We essentially went from spending what we could afford under Bill albeit via debt, to spending what we couldn't afford under Moshiri, that in a way didn't matter or blip on radar bar the limits of profit and sustainability rules. What Moshiri did was just write of the losses with his personal wealth, thats real actual money being pumped into the club to cover our debts and ensure the club can operate, it has real bills to pay it cant afford. Ultimately Moshiri has pushed up costs throug his spending and the club hasnt gwown or be succesful enough to cover its debts and its made the club utterly dependent on him and his finances, without it its struggling to survive without his cash injections and will be for the next few years, without a fire sale. Unless a new owner is coming in to do similar we are struggling financially and we know what happens then. This new lad doesn't strike me based on the evidence above Azza has posted to be someone who will honor debt and seems unethical in terms of business management. Nor does he have the resources.

Ultimately, two things can exist at the same time, Moshiri may be an absolute loon in terms of his management of the progression of the club from a footballing point of view, but he is a massive investor and that absolutely safeguards the well being of the club, we are utterly dependent on him and without the blank cheuqes we will begin to see bigger concerns in our losses beyond the frustration of profit and loss, the club will have to sell players or assets really.
Yes, I recognise the virtues to Moshiri's tenure as well as the vices. But the crunch is coming now. It would be best for us if Moshiri held onto control to see the building of the stadium...for him to have a real asset on his hands and a buoyant team in the PL. That would attract the type of ownership who have serious cash to spend and who view Everton as the next big club to beak into the elite. But the constant chatter now about takeovers suggests to me that Moshiri is privatley open to offers and/or in trouble financing this stadium, else we wouldn't see anyone sniffing round. The type of struggles the club are in that you highlight are an added burden for him. Does he need this for another 2/3 years? I dont think so. He cant even function as an owner: he has no credibility left among the fans. It all points one way to me: he'll sell to just about anyone as long as it gets near £400M and he gets a *decent* return on his shares and the cash he's put into the stadium...not to mention the legwork to get it up and running.

We're in a period now where Moshiri compromises on value of the club and a buyer meets that new figure. Something will give fairly soon in my opinion.

He'll get some investors in. He won't sell up until the ground is done IMO