Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
We are in a transition, Moshiri has had a go over the last few years to please various managers and fans, but those managers and Brands to a degree have all failed him. I think it’s quite likey he’d like nothing more to have unveiled a couple of high profile signings in the summer, but this FFP things has put the brakes on. Tbh it isn’t exactly a fair thing, clubs that earn more will continue to get bigger and leave the rest behind, but that discussion is for another day.
ATM we have to go with what we have, maybe if James move goes through we can get a couple in January. But unless what we have performs miracles , being near the top is going to have to wait. Lets see where we are in January.

Moshiri has made his fair share of mistakes not least spending or allowing his staff to spend the best part of half a billion on the squad to stand still. Now bear in mind, Moshiri is a businessman not an Evertonian. He has finally come to his business senses and realized that he can’t keep throwing good money after bad and he has put the brakes on the spending.

In the short to medium term any more investment he makes in the club will be directed towards the stadium. The Blues who keep going on about the fact that all will be well come the summer and that with all the money saved on high earning low performing players who’s contracts have expired, we will be big spenders in the market again are, I think, going to be very disappointed. From here on in Everton will be run Like a business and will have to finance their expenditure themselves, no more millions out of Moshiri’s back pocket going into the transfer coffers.

We almost certainly will make a couple of big signings in the summer, but, we will also sell Richarlison and/or Calvert-Lewin to finance it. I think it’s a fair bet also that we will only spend a percentage of what we bring in, with the rest of the money going towards reducing our debt. Benitez will have been made aware of this before he took the job and obviously fancies himself to be able to make it work. Time will tell.

Just a shame that he fancied himself as a DoF, rather than the people who he hired to actually do the job, otherwise I doubt if we would be in the mess we are now.

Just another ego-driven maniac in the standard Venky/Cardiff bloke mold.
Not even on the same level, one tried to change the club’s entire identity because of superstition, the others have Blackburn in £140m debt and oversaw the club drop into League One 4 years ago

I think it’s quite likey he’d like nothing more to have unveiled a couple of high profile signings in the summer, but this FFP things has put the brakes on. Tbh it isn’t exactly a fair thing, clubs that earn more will continue to get bigger and leave the rest behind, but that discussion is for another day.
That’s the most frustrating thing as we are only trying to do what Chelsea and City did prior to the financial restrictions were in place. Typical Everton get a billionaire owner just as rules come into limit spending to income

That’s the most frustrating thing as we are only trying to do what Chelsea and City did prior to the financial restrictions were in place. Typical Everton get a billionaire owner just as rules come into limit spending to income
This is the same ‘ffp’ that no other premier league club has fallen foul of?

The fact that fans are swallowing this ffp story - and make no mistake a story is exactly what it is - shows you how easily they are bought off when some idiot not named Kenwright flashes their wallet a bit.

You can’t sweet talk me with pictures of a stadium or pull the wool over my eyes appointing a Liverpool legend to be a magnet for fans’ ire you little rodent. Look at what you’ve caused in this fanbase. GET OUT OF THIS CLUB.
Really? He‘s made some bad recruitment decisions in the past. But he’s put money into the club, unfortunately we’ve absolutely spunked it, which has set us back as regards FFP, massively. But with the stadium on the horizon & it having to be paid for, not to mention the bad signings we’ve had to pay out for, austerity measures were always gonna happen. If he were to ‘get out of this club’, It frightens me as to what would happen next. He has the backing of Usmanov in the background too with his financial clout. Pretty scary scenario if Moshiri was to go. We’re in for an extremely rocky ride the next few years & someone like Benitez in charge is needed in my opinion. Strong manager tactically, to make the most of what we have & experienced. Who, realistically, could we get who’s better? We’re not gonna attract a top manager like Conte & a less experienced manager with potential would be a massive gamble. Scary times.