Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Language
He has to spend the big bucks in January. I want griezzmann (wants to leave athletico?) and a top CB in the ilk of Sergio Ramos. No ifs or buts, get the (bad language removed by moderator) players in Moshiri.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its all linked this. The running of the football club in general, the idea that we support or abandon the managers and young players, the line management of the manager - i.e. if others are to blame for the team's performance, is it really just the manager who should go, or should the CEO also be held responsible?

I don't understand, with both Martinez and Koeman, why there is nobody above them trying to motivate, convince, change, encourage, manage the manager to run the team better. Dont the managers have a boss who tells them feedback or is it just boom or bust and nothing in between.

I would also love to have seen RM given a bit more time, because now it looks like his 5th place finish and Koeman's 7th place were like the combination of Moyes/Martinez styles and Martinez / Koeman styles - i.e. attacking and solidity. Why can't Martinez, or whoever you call the best hope as manager, be convinced, coached, supported with other coaches, into making the team better? If you say Martinez was attacking and crap on defence and weak tactically, why not convince him to bring on an excellent coach on the team, and replace Denis Lawrence and Graeme whathisname? and also if Big Dunc is not really a great coach we should be honest about that too - if he is, fine, but if he's there just for sentimental reasons we have to be careful too, because tactics have been to blame in both the 11th place finishes and this season, and Big Dunc, Elstone and Kenwright ahve been there for all of those seasons - what do they have to answer?

in short, we need a football strategy from above, which is planned by the club and executed by the manager, not one which is dependent on each different manager that comes in.

Uh, wouldn't you just select a good manager that represented most of what you wanted in a manager? There's no way some dude who set records for goals conceded in the history of Wigan is the best hope as manager. Clubs hire good managers all the time not named Everton with a lot less resources.

So yes, if the board or Kenwright, or whoever is not doing a good job selecting managers under the current ownership paradigm, they should be gone. But that's not typically what a board does. A board oversees, the club or company management make the decisions/recommendations. The idea that boards have anything to do with managing a football club other than providing a budget with expectations and the occassional ask above and beyond, is just bizarre and probably the biggest issue.

lol as opposed to then?

If he was world class would Utd really have sold him to us.

World class is being the best in his position in the world which is why I had to slightly modify what I said about Rom.

Plus Lukaku was a better signing. All the goals and made us a fortune. Do you people still not accept how good he was for us even now.

Oh my!

At the time he was by a country mile the best right winger in the world.

He was world class and to suggest he wasn't, I can only presume means that you are very young and cannot remember him or are going off hearsay.

It's really important in the future that we learn to tell the difference between Bill Kenwright's glazed looks when he is so emotional and tearing up.

The Roberto Martinez look "I have just secured Everton the best manager the world will ever know. The new Pep Guardiola, the heir to our throne, he reminds me of a young Bill Kenwright"
The Wayne Rooney has come home look "I love all of these local lads, I'm going to build a team of scousers and we'll win the champions league with Wayne back home"
The Moshiri look "I have finally got a rich friend. I don't care if he's dodgy, he's the first rich person to actually love everton"

They won’t have to. Usmanov will pay a ton of cash for the naming rights to have an iconic USM glowing above the Mersey and it’ll get done or else Farhad will be under 6 feet of frozen Siberian ground.

The Usmanov Steel Mersey? He can rename the river. The USM.

Ferry across the USM

He has to spend the big bucks in January. I want griezzmann (wants to leave athletico?) and a top CB in the ilk of Sergio Ramos. No ifs or buts, get the (bad language removed by moderator) players in Moshiri.

Hmmm......

sss.gif

It is a bit disconcerting. It's like he hasn't got the cahonies to be decisive and l can't help but think that he is letting BK pull the strings when he needs to be 'The man'. He may be good in business but so far l just can't see him as the figurehead of a major football club...unlike, l am sure, Usmanov who if he came on board would take 5 minutes to sort the wheat from the chaff. Maybe after all Moshiri is simply the advance guard employed to do the groundwork for the new development rather than act as the tough guy. So far though he strikes me as being out of his depth running a football club even if he has sacked two managers. Too much indeciveness to give me any real hope at the moment, unfortunately.