2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.

i see a strong personality signed as a leader who could easily fight all these insecure bravado fans who criticize him.

I get the strong personality ....but by engaging with the fan the way he did he did, in my view he has seriously misjudged the strength of feeling by fans towards the performance on Sunday.

To ridicule the lads post by saying he would ask for a photo instead of telling him to his face summed up the arrogance and contempt to being called out. I get he is hurt and embarrassment - I would be too if thats him giving his all.

if Delph is to speak with the passion as he does today, it would land better with me had hIs personal performance on Sunday shown the same desire and credibility. His willingness and offer to have his photo with our starstruck fans in the Anney Road at the end of the game falls as flat today as would have done then.

His comments are at best ill judged and way out of touch with the hurt being felt by the team he has the privilege to of playing for. I can’t see him coming back from this.

This has shown how truly poisonous the whole club has become and I would say this has been the case for years but only now are fans getting onto it. The club has hid behind crap managers but now they have a truly world class manager there is nowhere for them to hide.

You know what I would rather us get relegated and get rid of the cancers at the club and start to build again than allow this poisonous cancer to continue to fester within the club.
We had managers who didn't have the balls to criticise hopeless performances and the players had their wedge in the bank and we're happy plodding along without being told that they weren't doing enough on the field, now they've been criticized and can't handle it.

I get the strong personality ....but by engaging with the fan the way he did he did, in my view he has seriously misjudged the strength of feeling by fans towards the performance on Sunday.

To ridicule the lads post by saying he would ask for a photo instead of telling him to his face summed up the arrogance and contempt to being called out. I get he is hurt and embarrassment - I would be too if thats him giving his all.

if Delph is to speak with the passion as he does today, it would land better with me had hIs personal performance on Sunday shown the same desire and credibility. His willingness and offer to have his photo with our starstruck fans in the Anney Road at the end of the game falls as flat today as would have done then.

His comments are at best ill judged and way out of touch with the hurt being felt by the team he has the privilege to of playing for. I can’t see him coming back from this.
Have his photo with a fan? Hahha that’s if he could make it to the fans without getting injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.