Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state of this thread - the absolute wham some are spouting to justify this signing GTF.

No one is going to tell me we could have took that 8.5 million and wages and stuck it on a striker. Christ I could have lived with Davis and Morgan for a year before bringing in this sick note.

You should’ve either stopped at that point or deleted this sentence, because this doesn’t look good on you.

Not a great signing. But he wouldn't have joined Manchester City if he was a poor player - and just because he's a reject from them, so was Gomes from Barcelona.....

If Gueye stays, do we really want to spend £30-40 million getting another DM? I think Delph will be a decent team player, who brings experience and know how to our midfield. He can play in full back positions too incase of injures to Coleman or Digne.

Looks like we are saving money for other positions... which can only be a good thing! Striker incoming hopefully, after 5 windows of Everton not having a proper forward up top.

coco pups
mjl.gif

The state of this thread - the absolute wham some are spouting to justify this signing GTF.

No one is going to tell me we could have took that 8.5 million and wages and stuck it on a striker. Christ I could have lived with Davis and Morgan for a year before bringing in this sick note.
Dry your eyes mate.

Beginning to feel more positive about this. The days are gone when 30 was the cliff edge for a professional footballer - they're athletes now. Of course there will be no resell value, but if we are to push on we need players at their peak now and shouldn't worry about that. I have heard both Guardiola and Southgate say what a leader he is, both in the dressing room and on the pitch, and has captained England a few times recently. He provides something we haven't got as a left-footed centre mid and can cover other positions, like left back if needed, and 8-10m really is very little in a market that Mings goes for 20m+.

My concern is that if we have a limited budget and cannot shift the other deadwood we will have signed two centre mids when there is greater need elsewhere; centre forward, centre back, right back and right wing (although we do have first choice options for the latter). That isn't Delph's problem though, so if he can have a similar impact to Barry, I think this will be a good move.

Up the Fab!

He is signed now (more or less). It’s the decision of Brands and Silva not mine.

It is not difficult to understand is it, orly genius?

You're doing a very public reverse ferret, as shown by the quote.

Seriously, why do you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.