Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to be proven wrong on this, but I don't see how this would be a good signing. I hope it's not true. I just don't get it.

In this current market where Tyrone Mings is worth 23M then 8M for a versatile seasoned pro who’s a winner, he could be a shrewd signing..,

Leave me alone I’m trying to convince myself here

Could be their first duffer signing this

But yes, I'll give them a chance on this. Let's see how Fabian does before breaking out the giant Wicker Men
He could well be but he could also be a steal at 8M! Is he left or right footed? He could be cover for Coleman

tenor.gif

I’m lost at this one J
I'll be honest and say I haven't seen much of him since his Villa days but his transfer to City always had the same feel as Rodwell's (he was basically Rodwell's replacement as a homegrown player who could do a job and signed for cheap).

At Villa when he played every week I remember him as a player with a bit of skill, the odd good long shot, and an alright passing range.

I remember when we were first linked to him before he signed for Villa as well and for the first two or three years I never felt like we missed out and was fairly surprised he ended up at City and has stayed as long as he did.

He's an alright player but at the end of his career and doesn't seem to show some of the long-term thought we've seen from Brands and Silva with their signings so far. I'm guessing they both like the idea of getting him for 8 million and throwing what we get for Gueye at another position.

Can only see him being a utility back up player. In the mould of Milner for them lot. Alright as cover if there are injuries to the midfield or Digne. Good signing for the price.

In this current market where Tyrone Mings is worth 23M then 8M for a versatile seasoned pro who’s a winner, he could be a shrewd signing..,

Leave me alone I’m trying to convince myself here

If he's on less than Schneiderlin and ends up as his replacement, whilst we also keep Gana, then I think this deal makes sense

If he's coming in to replace Gana, then someone might need to call Houston and tell them with have a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.