Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t he jib us off and sign for Villa in 2013? Only thing I saw him do recently was get sent off for a horrendous tackle in the cup, was it at Wigan or somewhere? Average player.

Over the last 20 years I’ve become bored with us signing over the hill players and watching them struggle to regain even a shadow of their best years.
For every Barry there are a multitude of useless Ginola’s, Gascoigne's and Rooney’s abusing us as a football retirement home and robbing good money off us in the process.
In the case of Delph I wasn’t overly impressed with him when he was allegedly good.
As a back up to the back ups I can just about endure him , if we must.
Otherwise I hope we swerve.
He’s 29 not 37

My primeval instinct says that we should go nowhere near him after turning us down and going to a bigger club in Villa (his words) after leaving Leeds.

Over the last 20 years I’ve become bored with us signing over the hill players and watching them struggle to regain even a shadow of their best years.
For every Barry there are a multitude of useless Ginola’s, Gascoigne's and Rooney’s abusing us as a football retirement home and robbing good money off us in the process.
In the case of Delph I wasn’t overly impressed with him when he was allegedly good.
As a back up to the back ups I can just about endure him , if we must.
Otherwise I hope we swerve.
Jesus wept. He's in the prime of his career and if Brands is happy then so am I. I think he proved in his only transfer window we need to keep the faith. There probably isn't anything in it anyway

It's exceedingly dangerous to suggest we never question any decision Brands makes

He's not infallible and we're not a cult

There seems to be a kopite like blind faith creeping into our fan base, don’t question him because we need to “get behind him”.

Getting like a cult.

#fabric

There seems to be a kopite like blind faith creeping into our fan base, don’t question him because we need to “get behind him”.

Getting like a cult.

#fabric

It happened prior to this as well

"If he's good enough for Martinez/Koeman/Walsh then he's good enough for me"

We really shouldn't put people on pedestals like this

I've generally been pleased with Brands, but some of the OTT praise and blind faith he's been receiving lately is absolutely nuts

Of course give him a chance and support him, but don't just blindly act like every decision he makes can't be questioned either

It's not like Delph is an unknown, most of us have seen him play so we can all state an educated guess on whether he'd be a good signing and, if we think he wouldn't, there should be no problem saying that

I think back to Cuco Martina where all the Koemanista's were shooting down anyone who questioned signing him, stating that Koeman and Walsh knew best. They sure did didn't they?!?!

I can see the logic to a degree, but this feels like the sort of signing I thought we were trying to get away from

Didn’t he jib us off and sign for Villa in 2013? Only thing I saw him do recently was get sent off for a horrendous tackle in the cup, was it at Wigan or somewhere? Average player.

No - Leeds refused to deal with us because they were annoyed with the way we poached Luke Garbutt :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.