FA Cup Winners or Champions League - Poll added

Which do you want most

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe that a bluenose has as many posts as this guy but its kinda ridiculous that people get so defensive about their point of view :(

I cant believe that a bluenose has as many posts as this guy but its kinda ridiculous that people get so defensive about their point of view :(

Attachments

• FE0E6E61-3EF7-4AEB-A88E-22E7D41437EA.jpeg
    FE0E6E61-3EF7-4AEB-A88E-22E7D41437EA.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 78
This thread should be paraphrased as "do you want short-term or long-term success?", seriously. I just cannot understand the logic behind people choosing the FA cup over CL. A FA cup, is a watered down competition these days and it's only going to be a flash in the pan success, just look at Wigan; won the FA Cup in 2013 and now lingering in League one.

Now top 4? History and pattern suggests that, when teams enter the top 4, they tend to hold down that position for many seasons. Once Spurs got top 4 in 15/16, they managed it for another 4 seasons straight. Once Liverpool got top 4 under Klopp's first full season, they managed to lock that down for a while too. Now, realistically speaking, the CL spot is only open to one more team, that isn't a "traditional top 6" side. That position is between us, West Ham and Leicester. After the top 6, I'd say we are on the same level of stature as West Ham or Leicester. Do we seriously want one of them to get top 4 over us and watch that club elevate into unprecedent heights, only because we won a poxy trophy?

*kisses* not sure what my introduction post has to do with this discussion though? Perhaps you could clarify that

*kisses* not sure what my introduction post has to do with this discussion though? Perhaps you could clarify that
Just make sense about you posting drunk
Like asking me 3 times who we signed after winning the fa cup in 95.

Your opinion that 4th and 5th is no different, that’s fine. But I tried use an example of a player. Who definitely wouldn’t sign for a team not in the champions league. And mentioned Liverpool abs all of a sudden. I need to post in the Liverpool thread abs why was a bringing up their players.

Like I said all very bizarre

Just make sense about you posting drunk
Like asking me 3 times who we signed after winning the fa cup in 95.

Your opinion that 4th and 5th is no different, that’s fine. But I tried use an example of a player. Who definitely wouldn’t sign for a team not in the champions league. And mentioned Liverpool abs all of a sudden. I need to post in the Liverpool thread abs why was a bringing up their players.

Like I said all very bizarre
Like James wouldn't sign for a team not in the CL or Carlo? Some players will and some wont. We very much have a project going on and hopefully we will sign players who are going to buy into the project. As I said if they don't, why would we want them here anyway?

So what was the relevance to you posting my introduction to this discussion/argument?

Like James wouldn't sign for a team not in the CL or Carlo? Some players will and some wont. We very much have a project going on and hopefully we will sign players who are going to buy into the project. As I said if they don't, why would we want them here anyway?

So what was the relevance to you posting my introduction to this discussion/argument?
So what’s the project

I believe it has to do with Moshiri making transfer funds available to Carlo so that he can improve out squad and either regularly qualify for Europe or push towards it. Sadly, I am not on the board of directors so I cannot give you a completely accurate answer but that is what I believe is the plan.

I'm in two minds. Man City will win the league and the focus now is totally on top 4, but in my time, winning the FA Cup was as big as anything to many.

It's the media that tells us you have to be in CL to attract top players, but I don't remember club managers saying that.

I'd like us to attract better players so Everton could be good enough to win our league, never mind the CL, so my immediate focus is on the FA Cup.

While I'm here, what is 'abs' Stephen. Excuse my ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.