FA Cup Winners or Champions League - Poll added

Which do you want most

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We still talk about Daniel Amokachi for that spurs semi final. Would anyone even remember who he is if we hadn't won the cup that year?

Winning things creates legends and stories to be passed on to future generations of Evertonians. What does 4th do?
Massive financially and getting our name around Europe.

Players aren’t joining Everton to hopefully win an FA cup. They want to play in the champions league.

Years ago you would hear players from
Abroad taking about the fa cup as a kid, probably the only British game they saw live. But now it’s not a big deal anymore.

A certain age group like me lol the FA cup was everything. I cried my eyes out in 1980 after lampard scored. I just wanted to see my team
In the cup final.

Do you think in 10-20 years time even Spurs fans are going to talk about that team that got to the CL final? Of course they wont!

If we get 4th and it becomes a financial springboard and we make the right signings and 101 other things go right and we end up winning things again maybe we will all look back and say finisihing 4th in 2021 was a real defining moment for us as a club.

Do you know any team that looks back on a moment like that?

Fa cup everytime.
I get why CL is so important, especially on the trajectory we want to be on with owner, manager and new stadium, but we need to win a trophy.
Fa Cup and Europa league qualification, and give the Europa a good go.

Do you think in 10-20 years time even Spurs fans are going to talk about that team that got to the CL final? Of course they wont!

If we get 4th and it becomes a financial springboard and we make the right signings and 101 other things go right and we end up winning things again maybe we will all look back and say finisihing 4th in 2021 was a real defining moment for us as a club.

Do you know any team that looks back on a moment like that?
That’s easy after they’ve lost

Ask Spurs fans if they want to be in a FA cup final next season or a champions league final. Easy answer

Massive financially and getting our name around Europe.

Players aren’t joining Everton to hopefully win an FA cup. They want to play in the champions league.

Years ago you would hear players from
Abroad taking about the fa cup as a kid, probably the only British game they saw live. But now it’s not a big deal anymore.

A certain age group like me lol the FA cup was everything I cried my eyes in 1980 after lampard scored. I just wanted to see my team
In the cup final.
Sadly, we didn't make any really great signings off the back of it in '95 when it did mean something. What makes you think us finish 4th for the first time since Moyes is suddenly going to change who we can sign?

We have an amazing manager, we have money. We will go after players who are either going to buy into the project or don't, if a player is swayed by 1 season of finishing 4th and would not sign otherwise I am not sure I would want them anyway.

I am excited about Everton for the first time in quite a while. I trust in Carlo and I trust that he is getting financial backing. I dont think one top 4 finish means anything. I am a fan, I want to win something.

We have had a million threads about this. I think the summary is this;

Financially and possibly longterm with regards who we can sign then CL is better. (although who did Leicester sign after their title win?)

For the fans it has to be the FA cup every day, i was 15 in '95 and it was one hell of a day!

Finishing 4th under Moyes was a great achiement but it really doesn't compare to actually winning something.

So FA cup all the way for me!
Leicester didn’t have Carlo Ancelotti managing them

Status
Not open for further replies.