FA CUP DRAW ROUND 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if a team has ever won the FA Cup beating only teams in the top division in every round

im sure its been done before, prob man city at some point in the last decade but it would be interesting to see if it has been done and if so how often
Our run in 09 wasn't far off. Beat the RS, Villa, Boro (then in the prem), United, lost to Chelsea. IIRC

4 trophies is 4 trophies mate.That equates to a quadruple.
Nope, the quadruple is League, FACip, League Cup and Champions League. The treble is League, FA Cup and Champions League. The double iss League and FA Cup. Anything else is 2,3 or 4 trophies like when they won 3 cups including the UEFA Cup which nobody except them ever thought of as a treble.

i wonder if a team has ever won the FA Cup beating only teams in the top division in every round

im sure its been done before, prob man city at some point in the last decade but it would be interesting to see if it has been done and if so how often
On the other hand, Liverpool played lower league opposition in 5 of their 6 rounds (including semi-final AND final) when they won the cup in 1992.

I bet that's the only time in 150 years that a team only played one top flight team on the way to winning it. The spawny gets.

*And they also needed 3 replays and a penalty shoot out against those lower league teams.

We've a bit of cup history with both Luton and Bolton should we get through.

For those of us with a longer memory will recall Luton giving us a really really tough game in the semi final in '85, and in the quarter final a year later when we fought back from 2 goals down on that awful plastic pitch to them narrowly beat them in the replay.

The replay against Bolton at Goodison in '94 I still have nightmares about. 2-0 up with about 10 mins to go and we somehow balls it up so much we lost 3-2 in extra time so there's still a little score to settle there.

For those of us with a longer memory will recall Luton giving us a really really tough game in the semi final in '85, and in the quarter final a year later when we fought back from 2 goals down on that awful plastic pitch to them narrowly beat them in the replay.

The replay against Bolton at Goodison in '94 I still have nightmares about. 2-0 up with about 10 mins to go and we somehow balls it up so much we lost 3-2 in extra time so there's still a little score to settle there.
That was when Bolton kept on causing shocks back then, around those years. Always remember hoping we wouldnt be one and thought we got away with it when 2up

Nope, the quadruple is League, FACip, League Cup and Champions League. The treble is League, FA Cup and Champions League. The double iss League and FA Cup. Anything else is 2,3 or 4 trophies like when they won 3 cups including the UEFA Cup which nobody except them ever thought of as a treble.
I’d be happy with the single !

I remember both of those games. That horrible terracing at Luton where I wondered if we'd ever get out in an emergency. Their Chairman David Evans was a hang'em and flog'em Tory MP. Mark Stein scored for them and we were barely in the game until the last 15 minutes.

The Bolton game should have been barn door Barlow's finest hour. He scored twice and went off with us 2 up and very little time left, and we contrived to lose.

4 trophies is 4 trophies mate.That equates to a quadruple.

They won't win it anyway but if they do manage it then I'll always wind them up and say it's not a real quadruple. That's my right as an Evertonian and I'm sticking with it.

They won't win it anyway but if they do manage it then I'll always wind them up and say it's not a real quadruple. That's my right as an Evertonian and I'm sticking with it.
It's not. Nobody has ever won the quadruple although City might do it if they get their transfer policy sorted.

On the other hand, Liverpool played lower league opposition in 5 of their 6 rounds (including semi-final AND final) when they won the cup in 1992.

I bet that's the only time in 150 years that a team only played one top flight team on the way to winning it. The spawny gets.

*And they also needed 3 replays and a penalty shoot out against those lower league teams.
I seem to remember where Chesterfield one of the lower teams & were denied a penalty ??

….no, it was my 3 year old granddaughter. I asked her to point to the team we’d get & she pointed to Cardiff/Sheff Wed. I won’t be relying on that source again.
I too predicted that and instantly got removed from any ITK lists as the game had already been played lol

1704818338616.png

Status
Not open for further replies.