FA CUP DRAW ROUND 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if a team has ever won the FA Cup beating only teams in the top division in every round

im sure its been done before, prob man city at some point in the last decade but it would be interesting to see if it has been done and if so how often

i wonder if a team has ever won the FA Cup beating only teams in the top division in every round

im sure its been done before, prob man city at some point in the last decade but it would be interesting to see if it has been done and if so how often
Yes only the once man utd in 1948 another fact I did not know when we beat watford in 1984
It was the first cup final with sponsorship on the shirts

Yes only the once man utd in 1948 another fact I did not know when we beat watford in 1984
It was the first cup final with sponsorship on the shirts
Wow didn’t realise only one team had done it and that the record was that old. Just had a look at the run in on Wikipedia as well and their run started with a 6-4 win away to villa, blimey. Not only were they all top division sides, all but 1 team were top half sides and the lowest ranked side they played was Charlton who finished 13th out of 22. Truly remarkable.

Wow didn’t realise only one team had done it and that the record was that old. Just had a look at the run in on Wikipedia as well and their run started with a 6-4 win away to villa, blimey. Not only were they all top division sides, all but 1 team were top half sides and the lowest ranked side they played was Charlton who finished 13th out of 22. Truly remarkable.
In 1981 we, as so often nearly achieved it. Arsenal 3rd round 2-0, our neighbours next up 2-1, Southampton 1-0 after a replay and then drew Man City at home. 2-1 up with about 5 mins to go, Varadi misses absolute sitter. They go upfield and equalise, beat us fairly convincingly in replay 3-1. I went to every game, City beat Ipswich in semi's but lost to Spurs in the Ricky Villa final.

….my source has confirmed we play Sheffield Wednesday.
Was this your sauce?

IMG_8352.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.