FA CUP 3rd round draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come back Bryan you can play up front because you’ve got as much chance in scoring as our forwards have, actually didn’t you score the Winner last time we won there ?
Bittersweet memories of the Cup for him. Horrible leg break against Stevenage in the 4th Round that season.

I was hoping we would get Bournemouth so we could give them a good thumping, but beating Manchester United will be satisfying too. The FA Cup is ours this season ? ? Here We Go, Here We Go, Here We Go... ?
Knowing us we will beat United, then lose to the lowest ranked team next round.

I'm just grateful Howard Kendall in 1984, and Joe Royle in 1995, didn't have the same loser attitude some Blues on here have of 'lets get knocked out quickly' as we were struggling in the league in both those years when FA Cup 3rd round day came around.
Football has changed a lot since then mate. In fact, it’s not even comparable any more.

I'm just grateful Howard Kendall in 1984, and Joe Royle in 1995, didn't have the same loser attitude some Blues on here have of 'lets get knocked out quickly' as we were struggling in the league in both those years when FA Cup 3rd round day came around
Hard to compare as the Cup was so much bigger in those days, especially the 1980s (when like-for-like games would see a much bigger crowd for cup games, than league games for the most part). Frank put out a decent enough side last season when he took over, so hopefully he'll do similar vs a Man Utd, who will very likely be resting players, especially if they're in the Carabao quarter-final played in midweek after with City their game after. I wasn't impressed with his line-up vs Bournemouth at all but with this being a weekend fixture, i think we'll put a decent team out- which may also depend on the results of the first three games after the re-start, mind.

Anyone know whose 'sticky fingers' are picking out the balls.

It's at Analfield, so bound to be some 'impartial' RS mutant.

Well no surprise there.

They all had a good cheer for drawing Wolves at home, whilst it was laughs all around when we got Manure away.

Mark Wright done the business.

Didn't even know the draw had taken place.

I must say any extended period without a game for us is marvellous.

I'm as allergic to the season starting up again as I am the night before going back in to work after a fortnight off.

Just our luck what a frigging draw. Why could it not have been Accrington Stanley ?
There isn't enough gluten-free, organic-vegan popcorn in allllllll of the Waitrose...es for the thread meltdown on here after we'd been bummed 3-1 by Acrrington "7th-divison-or-somewhere" Stanley. At home. With Mason Holgate scoring a worldie own goal from the half way line no doubt. ??

Why couldn't it have been at home to West Brom then I could have got to sit in that lovely away bit at Goodison one last time
Because the good lord doesn't want to punish us Everton fans more than he has already by having us capitulate at home to the Baggies as big Steve Brucie does the shirtless truffle shuffle at full time from on top of the directors box. Before being appointed new boss next day, no doubt.

(I'm assuming cabbage head is still at WBA of course; I don't keep up-to-date on a lot of EFL news but would have surely heard if Barca had lured him away).

Status
Not open for further replies.