Expectations for the Coming Season ?

Well ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We narrowly escaped relegation last year, we have improved on that level of performance, we will not be in the bottom three this time. However we are a team that can’t really hurt you, we have no attack unless DCL gets back to scoring goals. Gray has no end product, McNeill is much the same and Gordon is less effective now that the opposition are taking a special interest in him.
While Man. Utd. are not a great side they are good, their midfield is good. They are looking to finish top six, that is too good for us. We need to get results against the teams below us, if we finish 11th that will be a major step forward and something to build on.

We haven’t won or lost a game by more than one goal yet and I can see that continuing apart from games where we play the top teams away. If that pattern does continue, there’s always a chance of games like tonight where we lose out. Think this table is a good indicator of where we are at the moment, we can’t go lower than +4 even if we lose the next two so trying to not get carried away from one game to the next:
7B1D15A3-51D5-4A3C-AA93-249C61D349C0.jpeg

The next few games before the World Cup will shape our season really, i think we have two very tricky games (losses) and four winnable games - if we do end up with 12 points we may be looking at a outside shot at europe but as it stands we are not in contention imo

I've gone from mersey millionaires, the holy trinity, school of science, NSNO to just avoid relegation. I don't blame anyone it's just a fact of the Prem era that money rules and after John Moores we've never had enough to compete.

Painfully it will remain that way unless a Newcastle-style miracle happens

I've gone from mersey millionaires, the holy trinity, school of science, NSNO to just avoid relegation. I don't blame anyone it's just a fact of the Prem era that money rules and after John Moores we've never had enough to compete.

Painfully it will remain that way unless a Newcastle-style miracle happens

The money we have had should of been spent better particularly under Fartgas Moshiri and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.