Everton Youth Teams Thread

Everton u18s win 4-2 away at Newcastle u18s to confirm 5th place in the final u18s league game of the season - they end the season with 11 wins, 11 defeats and 2 draws

The Run down of chances for us

Cannon shoots over on 6mins for Everton's 1st chance
Welch header saved on 9mins
Butterfield shoots over on 10mins
Mills shot blocked on the edge of the area on 12mins
Baker shoots wide on 14mins
Cannon goal on 15mins
McAllister shoots wide on 26mins
Mils shot blocked on 37mins
Canon shot saved on 40mins
Cannon shot saved on 43mins
Warrington shoots over on 45mins
Cannon shot over on 48mins
Mills shot wide on 51mins
Lowey goal on 53mins pen - after foul on McAllister
Lowey shot blocked on 59mins
Newcastle goal on 60mins
Cannon shot blocked on 63mins
Higgins goal on 63mins
Cannon shot wide on 65mins
McAllister shot saved on 70mins
McAllister goal on 81mins
Cannon shot wide on 86mins
Newcastle goal on 93mins
Cannon shot saved on 94mins

Everton u18s win 4-2 away at Newcastle u18s, to confirm 5th place in the final u18s league game of the season-they end the season with 11 wins, 11 defeats and 2 draws

The Run down of chances for us

Cannon shoots over on 6mins for Everton's 1st chance
Welch header saved on 9mins
Butterfield shoots over on 10mins
Mills shot blocked on the edge of the area on 12mins
Baker shoots wide on 14mins
Cannon goal on 15mins
McAllister shoots wide on 26mins
Mils shot blocked on 37mins
Canon shot saved on 40mins
Cannon shot saved on 43mins
Warrington shoots over on 45mins
Cannon shot over on 48mins
Mills shot wide on 51mins
Lowey goal on 53mins pen - after foul on McAllister
Lowey shot blocked on 59mins
Newcastle goal on 60mins
Cannon shot blocked on 63mins
Higgins goal on 63mins
Cannon shot wide on 65mins
McAllister shot saved on 70mins
McAllister goal on 81mins
Cannon shot wide on 86mins
Newcastle goal on 90mins
Thanks ring master for all your updates and information over the season and to all the posters for all your information on the u18s and u23s

The final u18s league table, we scored 42 and conceeded 42

1621087557453.png

1621087610439.png

i assume the teams you quote (Chelsea, Man Utd & City) have the largest element of expensive young foreign recruits that play in a more technical manner. This is my assumption, I’m no longer close enough to the set up to know.
To be honest , I was baffled by the original post , that we should play like City and Chelsea , the two sides who have dominated English youth football in recent years, literally spending millions on their Academies , with City Champions at u18 and U23s this season and who’s first teams are also probabaly the highest spenders and will contest the CL Final soon. Fantasy stuff. In both the Youth Cup games our tactics were spot on when we beat them , we had some fantastic individual performances but I don’t think anybody doubted that City and Chelsea had the overall better in depth squads. If we’d have tried to match their tactics I don’t believe we would have won both games.

Your point about “ largest element of expensive foreign recruits “ is spot on . Last season we watched the then 17 year old Dutch youth star Jayden Braaf tear us wide open when City beat our U23s easily. At 18 he’s now on loan and getting a few games in Serie A with Udinese. We can only dream about buying , and keeping, such young foreign talent.... but who knows , one day maybe ....

To be honest , I was baffled by the original post , that we should play like City and Chelsea , the two sides who have dominated English youth football in recent years, literally spending millions on their Academies , with City Champions at u18 and U23s this season and who’s first teams are also probabaly the highest spenders and will contest the CL Final soon. Fantasy stuff. In both the Youth Cup games our tactics were spot on when we beat them , we had some fantastic individual performances but I don’t think anybody doubted that City and Chelsea had the overall better in depth squads. If we’d have tried to match their tactics I don’t believe we would have won both games.

Your point about “ largest element of expensive foreign recruits “ is spot on . Last season we watched the then 17 year old Dutch youth star Jayden Braaf tear us wide open when City beat our U23s easily. At 18 he’s now on loan and getting a few games in Serie A with Udinese. We can only dream about buying , and keeping, such young foreign talent.... but who knows , one day maybe ....
What a coincidence, I bought him in my Everton career mode from a scouting report, didn't know heck who he was, 4 seasons later he wins a ballon'dor with us! lol lol lol

It'll be interesting to see how Leeds develop the next few years. They've been getting involved in the youth market quite a bit and have been tearing through the second division of PL2 this year with players like Gelhardt, Summerville, Drameh and Greenwood at the very front. All of those they picked up for fees in the 1m +- 500k region. If you're asking me, they're all very good business and players that Everton may well have taken a lok at. If just one of them makes it into the first squad, they'll have done well financially.

They're also reportedly in the market for more of the same this summer.

It'll be interesting to see how Leeds develop the next few years. They've been getting involved in the youth market quite a bit and have been tearing through the second division of PL2 this year with players like Gelhardt, Summerville, Drameh and Greenwood at the very front. All of those they picked up for fees in the 1m +- 500k region. If you're asking me, they're all very good business and players that Everton may well have taken a lok at. If just one of them makes it into the first squad, they'll have done well financially.

They're also reportedly in the market for more of the same this summer.
That’s interesting, and in complete contrast to our starting teams in their last games at u18/U23s were all players who joined us as Academy Scholars. Jagne on the bench for u18s joined us at 17, Josh Bowler and Dennis Adeniran were bought in and will leave this summer, and Markelo has one year left . DCL has been a great success and Nkounkou and Branthwaite appear to be money well spent. Hopefully we’ll get in some more youngsters like these three, as you say if one succeeds then financially that can usually pay for the rest.

Seems as though we’ve
74DEB592-E55F-4E21-804B-AC3994D6C84A.jpeg
seems as though we’ve taken on 15-year-old Exeter City goalkeeper Harry Lee on trial, alongside Chelsea & Leeds from earlier in the season. looks to be highly rated as he has already been on the bench for the first team & the manager has mentioned his desire to tie him down to a scholar/pro contract.