Everton Youth Teams Thread

Unsworth said Adeniran wasnt picked in the last squad because hes training with the 1st team now...so would have a chance with them or on loan.

Seems like he and Gordon have moved up?

Unsworth said Adeniran wasnt picked in the last squad because hes training with the 1st team now...so would have a chance with them or on loan.

Seems like he and Gordon have moved up?

...yep, said Ancelotti is ‘casting an eye on Adeniran’ because of the shortage in central midfield. I would imagine he might give him an opportunity.

...yep, said Ancelotti is ‘casting an eye on Adeniran’ because of the shortage in central midfield. I would imagine he might give him an opportunity.

Worth a chance over Schneiderlin and Delph for me...

At very least we can pad out the squad and it allows us to punt them

Worth a chance over Schneiderlin and Delph for me...

At very least we can pad out the squad and it allows us to punt them

....obviously much more energetic and athletic than Schneiderlin but he wouldn’t be asked to play that role sitting in front of the back four.

The step-up could be the making of Adeniran, he seems to drift out of games for my liking but he could progress playing alongside senior professionals. He certainly won’t be lacking for physicality at the top level, but there is also so much emphasis on quality and the ability to keep possession.

if Onyango has that ability he could leapfrog them all next season.

Last edited:
Charsley released after his contract expired, hopefully gets another club or that was a waste of time for everybody
Well in fairness to Unsworth , and goodness knows I moaned enough when Charsley played, he gives a reasonable explanation as to why we “did the right thing” .

"He got injured on our watch so we felt we had an obligation and we felt we had to do the right thing by offering him a six-month contract which we duly did and obviously got him fit over pre-season and got him a few games and profile in the shop window.

Simms is nowhere near ready for the first team but is he not worth a place on the bench as a bit of a joker. Someone we can throw on if chasing a game late on. He certainly knows where the goal is. His all round play is nowhere near good enough yet but if half chance fell to him he might be more likely than most to score.

Simms is nowhere near ready for the first team but is he not worth a place on the bench as a bit of a joker. Someone we can throw on if chasing a game late on. He certainly knows where the goal is. His all round play is nowhere near good enough yet but if half chance fell to him he might be more likely than most to score.

One on one the kid is lethal. It's a rare quality and one the kid has in abundance.

No, much rather have Gordon on the bench. Far better chance of making an impact

Gordon at the minute seems to be getting stuck a bit in the middle of nowhere, not playing for the u23s or been a sub for the main team at most

Yes ridiculous. Everyone at the club, including brands tonight, sayimg he's really pushing close to first team but not even being on the bench when we hardly have loads of attacking options at the minute is bit of a shame.

I`d like to see one or two younger lads get run out in the games remaining this season. The best way to see if they have what it takes to play at premier league level is to give them a run in the games we have left. We won`t see if they`re up to that level by just having them taking a seat on the bench or just training with the first team. We`ve tried the last few seasons spending big in the transfer windows to get the players to push us on and only been left with players who aren`t good enough or not bothered enough to work hard to get the results required.

Giving the lads that are making names for themselves in the U23s a run of 30 minutes in the remaining games will give us the chance to see if some of them could make the step up in the near future and save us having to fork out 30 or 40 million transfer fees and huge wage deals on more mercenary type players that we have got stuck with over the last few seasons.

Some will say that they aren't ready for the step up, but I don`t think it would effect our finishing position in the league if we were to try out someone like Simms up front for half an hour, in one or two games, likewise with Gordon. We may look like we are till in a position to challenge for a European spot in the league at the moment, but we all know that our first team are capable of bottling it when it becomes tough, so I don`t think we have much to lose in seeing what these guys are capable of doing.