Everton Youth Teams Thread

...Jamie Hoyland is the new U23 scout. Not sure if he and Unsworth work separately or liaise with Walsh;

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/01/27/blues-vow-to-get-best-talent
I think Unsy was quite clear with his " Steve Walsh is in charge of scouting" and Walsh agreeed to Unsy's recommendation . I guess you could liken scouting to a function like HR , Safety, or IT in a large organisation . There is one manager/director of the function but you may have individuals within large departments e.g. they might have a HR officer in a large department reporting on a daily basis to the department manager but functionally to the HR director. So from the Donkor example I took it that Unsy and Hoyland work together to watch the talent, then Unsy takes the recomendation back to the board with people like Walsh and Koeman also having their say . Whatever it is it clearly works.

Reminder
MAN UTD U23S V EVERTON U23S LIVE ON MUTV TONIGHT,7PM KO

Top placed Everton will look to keep the gap at 4 points or more abover man city in 2nd, away to 7th placed man utd,all premier league 2 games are 7 pm kick offs tonight

Set a reminder for this. First chance to see some of the kids in action for ages.

Depends on formation but in a back four Holgate at right back but then you're looking at the kids for left back cover. With three at the back the need is for a wing back type, not sure we have anyone at all? Maybe McCarthy or Lennon could cover the right hand side but on the left?

Browning's gone to Preston and Oviedo looks gone. Who are our back up full backs and are they good enough?

kenny and connolly are first choice right and left backs for u23s, kenny is the captain. connolly on loan at wigan though.
kenny can play both right back and left (same as connolly).
jones another right back but hes on loan at barnsley

Reminder
MAN UTD U23S V EVERTON U23S LIVE ON MUTV TONIGHT,7PM KO

Top placed Everton will look to keep the gap at 4 points or more abover man city in 2nd, away to 7th placed man utd,all premier league 2 games are 7 pm kick offs tonight

EVERTON U23S TEAM

Hewelt, Kenny, Foulds, Walsh, Feeney, Pennington, Dowell, Charsley, Duffus, Dyson, Donkor
subs: Hunt, Broadhead, Yates, Sambou, Kiersey.