Everton Youth Teams Thread

CY10L_4W8AAwjwb.jpg

Final score was 3-1 to Everton v boro,they move into 2nd on 38 points, 3points behind man city with game in hand,and 1 point above liverpool

Broadhead pen on 20mins,Bainbridge and Lavery with other goals that give us 3-0 ht lead
Broadhead got straight red late on

CY10L_4W8AAwjwb.jpg

Final score was 3-1 to Everton v boro,they move into 2nd on 38 points, 3points behind man city with game in hand,and 1 point above liverpool

Broadhead pen on 20mins,Bainbridge and Lavery with other goals that give us 3-0 ht lead
Broadhead got straight red late on
Must have been bad to get a straight red in an U18 game

Must have been bad to get a straight red in an U18 game

Think he kicked out.

Good win for the 18s. First one for a while. First half they were excellent & 3-0 up. 2nd half they struggled, but promising overall display.

Good to see Donohue as captain. He has a first class attitude and back from a recent hernia operation before Christmas. This lad is a quality player and should be a regular in our 21s.

Think he kicked out.

Good win for the 18s. First one for a while. First half they were excellent & 3-0 up. 2nd half they struggled, but promising overall display.

Good to see Donohue as captain. He has a first class attitude and back from a recent hernia operation before Christmas. This lad is a quality player and should be a regular in our 21s.

....mmm, don't mind them having a bit of attitude.

I've been impressed in the little I've seen of Donohue. It seems like he was overlooked/held back by Nathan Holland being played at 7 previously, but with Hollands injury early season he came into his own. It's hard to compare two players at this age but they do strike me as being very similar , tricky right footed wingers who move around the front line. Donohue appears to be the more direct , comfortable heading straight for goal and shooting, so I'd have him ahead of Holland now. Holland is the one who's made England u17/18 appearances, yet before Christmas Donohue seemed the better prospect.

Think he kicked out.

Lives around the corner from me, was talking to him when he was helping coach his uncles u7's last week. His arl fella was GB Judo Coach in the olympics so I reckon thats where he gets his good discipline from, seems like a very grounded lad as well.
His arl fellas brother was a RL player btw, for Leigh, Bradford & Leeds.

So who next star who make the breakthrough like Barkley?
Seems to be a few there like dowell,walsh,evans,ledson,grant,pennington,holgate,kenny maybe brewster.some are more advanced than others in that they have been out on loan or have been included in the first team squad.hard to know when there at that age.

Other regular posters on this thread know more than me so i will leave them answer your question in a bit more detail.:)

Seems to be a few there like dowell,walsh,evans,ledson,grant,pennington,holgate,kenny maybe brewster.some are more advanced than others in that they have been out on loan or have been included in the first team squad.hard to know when there at that age.

Other regular posters on this thread know more than me so i will leave them answer your question in a bit more detail.:)

....I think it's really difficult to predict, unless you see a stand out like Rooney. Making that breakthrough also requires attitude and somebody not currently on the radar might be the next cab on the rank. Tom Davies probably deserves a mention and the lad I like, Joe Williams.