Everton Youth Teams Thread

Just a thought, but as he picked good loan moves for our 'better' youth players over the past couple of seasons...perhaps that means he sees where players would best fit for their development?

If we turn that on its head, perhaps this means he could see where the better youth players could fit together within our youth groups.

Now he has to find those players.

This year's loans were definitely more of a mixed bag but more hit than miss (pretty sure Vaughan would have overseen all of these except the Maupay one)

Tyrer - great loan though I think he could have been given one a league higher up. But he's playing so that's decent

Leban - playing week in week out so that's been a good loan for him

Welch - not a great loan but managerial changes so no surprise to see him back

Warrington - disaster of a loan and back at Everton

Mills - loan was going well until injury stopped it

Campbell - seems to be getting minutes and that's what it's all about

Maupay - scored a few goals so we might get back 10p for him

MacAllister- think he's just starting to get into the starting line up at ICT so looks like that might be a decent loan

Can't remember if Onyangos loan was this season and he got injured or if that was last season and he's only just returned

Just a thought, but as he picked good loan moves for our 'better' youth players over the past couple of seasons...perhaps that means he sees where players would best fit for their development?

If we turn that on its head, perhaps this means he could see where the better youth players could fit together within our youth groups.

Now he has to find those players.
Guess we'll soon see. Nobody will be happier then me if Vaughan proves me massively wrong and turns out to be a great asset for the club.

Can't remember if Onyangos loan was this season and he got injured or if that was last season and he's only just returned
Last season. He was training with the first team at the start of this year then got injured.

Seb Jensen is also out on loan at Sandbach and seems to be first choice goalie there, although it's an almost unbelievably low level of football.

I see that from the youth teams SD has only taken Mackenzie Hunt and Lewis Warrington on warm weather training in Portugal. So disappointing that he hasn't taken Jenson Metcalfe or Charlie Whittaker. Whittaker especially seems the type of player who has tricks in his locker to open up defences. The goal he scored in the recent under 23 game showed what he can do – drop of the shoulder to beat a player and ran at the defence. Oh – sorry, what am I thinking of?
SD doesn't like that sort of thing – "Run at players and beat them?! Don't be silly son! Get the ball out to the wing and cross it in – that's the way to score a goal!"

Last season. He was training with the first team at the start of this year then got injured.

Seb Jensen is also out on loan at Sandbach and seems to be first choice goalie there, although it's an almost unbelievably low level of football.
I think we’re now seeing and treating loans for young keepers differently. Higher up the leagues they don’t want to take a chance on young keepers , once they make a mistake they’re dropped, sometimes for good eg Virginia at Reading a few seasons ago. I was shocked at Harry Tyrer going to Chester last season, far too low level, but he did well , has moved up a division and although he’s got a good Chesterfield team in front of him is possibly the best goalkeeper in the National League.

I see that from the youth teams SD has only taken Mackenzie Hunt and Lewis Warrington on warm weather training in Portugal. So disappointing that he hasn't taken Jenson Metcalfe or Charlie Whittaker. Whittaker especially seems the type of player who has tricks in his locker to open up defences. The goal he scored in the recent under 23 game showed what he can do – drop of the shoulder to beat a player and ran at the defence. Oh – sorry, what am I thinking of?
SD doesn't like that sort of thing – "Run at players and beat them?! Don't be silly son! Get the ball out to the wing and cross it in – that's the way to score a goal!"

MacKenzie Hunt seems an odd one. He is 23 this year.

If players havent had a loan out to league one or above by the time they're 21 they are extremely unlikely to make it as a footballer at this level. Im struggling to think of any players who have started getting games at 22/23?

It is disappointing, part of the reason may be having an u21 game Friday night , but both Metcalfe and Whitaker have proved their match fitness and their sharpness , don’t need games. PL2 doesn’t have relegation this season, partly to allow better player development, ie get your best u21s with the first team, fill their spots by giving more u18s a chance, don’t worry about the results.

Perfect chance really get a good look at some of the lads maybe get a surprise who could offer something with injuries or maybe even one becoming first pick out of the u21

It is disappointing, part of the reason may be having an u21 game Friday night , but both Metcalfe and Whitaker have proved their match fitness and their sharpness , don’t need games. PL2 doesn’t have relegation this season, partly to allow better player development, ie get your best u21s with the first team, fill their spots by giving more u18s a chance, don’t worry about the results.

I could understand Whittaker being held back tbh just due to still working his way up to getting as many minutes under his belt as possible.

Metcalfe though, no reason at all why he shouldn't be with the first team squad training.

I could understand Whittaker being held back tbh just due to still working his way up to getting as many minutes under his belt as possible.

Metcalfe though, no reason at all why he shouldn't be with the first team squad training.
Even if it was i still think time witht first team would help everyone, motivate the u21 and also bring more energy new faces to the first team

Is what has frustrated me about dyche ueah most prob not good enough but should be looking at them all. Alot will kno more than me with the youth team but must have a few who stand out more compared to the rest

There's not a massive pool of talent to tbh mate but like you said, just having a few youngsters snapping at your heels to make it more competitive wouldn't be a bad idea.

Last u21 game alone Metcalfe was head and shoulders above everyone and worst taking alone for that

There's not a massive pool of talent to tbh mate but like you said, just having a few youngsters snapping at your heels to make it more competitive wouldn't be a bad idea.

Last u21 game alone Metcalfe was head and shoulders above everyone and worst taking alone for that
Yeah i thought that was thinking even some of the lads turning 18 aswell could be a great experience. Is stuff like the lad metcalfe if in good form why not