Everton Youth Teams Thread

Yep, it’s not clear is it , particularly as Dan Rice made his name bringing in youngsters at Southampton and it was indicated at the time that his key role was recruitment in the 16-21 age group. This is essentially getting players from other clubs as opposed to them coming into our Academy before they’re 16. Oh well, at least a distraction from first team woes.
Hope it works.
The managers statement, last week has just basically said that all are young players are not good enough and God knows what that does to players confidence.
How do you convince a player to give it all every week if the manager is saying basically don't bother your not up to it ?

Hope it works.
The managers statement, last week has just basically said that all are young players are not good enough and God knows what that does to players confidence.
How do you convince a player to give it all every week if the manager is saying basically don't bother your not up to it ?
Well the key word is “yet” isn’t it. Those quotes are blown out of proportion- he’s said that he’s happy to give young players a chance when they’re ready but none are yet.

And performances and results at the academy level suggests he’s right- you need to be truly outstanding to step straight up to PL level without a loan or two and I don’t think there is anyone at that level. Metcalfe looks good, and by no coincidence he’s been among the firsts, but he’s still way off starting games.

Consider if he’d said the opposite- there’s youngsters ready for the first team but I’m not willing to give them the chance. Isn’t that more demotivating? There isn’t one young player that doesn’t need to improve to get near the first team and while the truth maybe hurts the ones with the right attitude will use those comments as motivation.

Kenwrights legacy at the club lives on. Another job for an old boy that will go nowhere. There's loads of very experienced pros out there who we could have given a job to on youth recruitment but instead it goes to James Vaughan because he once played for us years ago. This club ffs.......
To be fair, I'd imagine not many Evertonians are even familiar with his credentials to pass a proper judgment. I certainly don't anyway.. but that doesn't necessarily mean that he can't otherwise turn out to be a good fit for the job.

Kenwrights legacy at the club lives on. Another job for an old boy that will go nowhere. There's loads of very experienced pros out there who we could have given a job to on youth recruitment but instead it goes to James Vaughan because he once played for us years ago. This club ffs.......

just not true though

Well Vaughan of course was Sporting Director at Tranmere , involved in recruitment, then Loan Pathways Manager with us essentially mentoring young players. But you’ve got me on one point, can you give me a list of the “ loads of very experienced pros” we should have given the job too? A genuine request , I’d be interested in seeing your list.

To be fair, I'd imagine not many Evertonians are even familiar with his credentials to pass a proper judgment. I certainly don't anyway.. but that doesn't necessarily mean that he can't otherwise turn out to be a good fit for the job.
He retired as a player less than three years ago. I'm not saying that he can't possibly have earned enough credible credentials for the job in such a short time. I just find it very difficult to believe that he has......🤷‍♂️

Well Vaughan of course was Sporting Director at Tranmere , involved in recruitment, then Loan Pathways Manager with us essentially mentoring young players. But you’ve got me on one point, can you give me a list of the “ loads of very experienced pros” we should have given the job too? A genuine request , I’d be interested in seeing your list.
He's been retired as a player for less then three years and his work since consists of Tramere Rovers and us? Nepotism FC?! If you're seriously telling me that Vaughan is the best we can get for the job, then the club might as well just close its doors right now.

He's been retired as a player for less then three years and his work since consists of Tramere Rovers and us? Nepotism FC?! If you're seriously telling me that Vaughan is the best we can get for the job, then the club might as well just close its doors right now.
Who do you think shouldve got the job pal

I'm really not fussy mate. I'd just like it to be someone who has actual experience in that kind of work beyond a year at Tranmere and a none job at us Nepotism FC.
Is fair to think that but maybe the lad has inpressed thelwell has already bought in alot of new faces who have no connection to the club.

Is fair to think that but maybe the lad has inpressed thelwell has already bought in alot of new faces who have no connection to the club.
I hope so. Nobody will be happier then me if I get mad to look like an idiot and Vaughan makes a positive impact. I doubt it'll happen but here's hoping!