Everton Youth Teams Thread

Glad he is playing again.
Think he is a decent player.

I was speaking to the assistant manager (when he was at Plymouth) and he said he was absolutely miles off it (off the pace) and i was really surprised by that as he had a great loan spell last year and I was disappointed we didn't keep him around.

Must have been one of those loans that just doesn't happen though with Schumacher and Mark being ex Everton players I thought he'd settle down quickly

Fingers crossed he gets some minutes under his belt for the remainder of the season for the u21s and see what he wants to do end of the season.

I was speaking to the assistant manager (when he was at Plymouth) and he said he was absolutely miles off it (off the pace) and i was really surprised by that as he had a great loan spell last year and I was disappointed we didn't keep him around.

Must have been one of those loans that just doesn't happen though with Schumacher and Mark being ex Everton players I thought he'd settle down quickly

Fingers crossed he gets some minutes under his belt for the remainder of the season for the u21s and see what he wants to do end of the season.
There’s a big difference between League 1 and Championship as we know mate, maybe League 1 is his level, he did well at Tranmere too (League 2). It’ll be decision time come the end of the season ,we have a raft of younger midfielders trying to break through at u21s , if we offer him another contract to add experience to the u21s, he also becomes a blocker for the younger players. Hopefully he get enough minutes this season to prove his case one way or another .

There’s a big difference between League 1 and Championship as we know mate, maybe League 1 is his level, he did well at Tranmere too (League 2). It’ll be decision time come the end of the season ,we have a raft of younger midfielders trying to break through at u21s , if we offer him another contract to add experience to the u21s, he also becomes a blocker for the younger players. Hopefully he get enough minutes this season to prove his case one way or another .

Deffo mate. Really needed to hit the ground running at Argyle to show he was capable of making his 3rd step up in as many seasons and it just didn't happen for him.

We may offer him a contract due to lack of bodies, but I can see him wanting to leave and getting either a decent offer from a League 1 side or sorting a deal out with a Cha.piknship club if there's no fee involved (think he's on a free end of this season isn't he? Or did we tie him down to a 2 year deal before he went to Argyle?)

Deffo mate. Really needed to hit the ground running at Argyle to show he was capable of making his 3rd step up in as many seasons and it just didn't happen for him.

We may offer him a contract due to lack of bodies, but I can see him wanting to leave and getting either a decent offer from a League 1 side or sorting a deal out with a Cha.piknship club if there's no fee involved (think he's on a free end of this season isn't he? Or did we tie him down to a 2 year deal before he went to Argyle?)
He signed a two year contract in 2022 I believe, so a free agent come June.

Article in the mail about how great Liverpools academy is doing. Grim
Is it that great.
I can only think of Alexander Arnold who is 26 this year, Jones and now Bradley that have come through.

I think we probably have brought more players into our team than them.
We sold Gordon last season, Dobbin is getting some minutes at the moment, I think Mills will be involved next season.
Apart altogether from the sales of Cannon, Simms and ISS ( a sale I regret but one that was out of our control).

Is it that great.
I can only think of Alexander Arnold who is 26 this year, Jones and now Bradley that have come through.

We sold Gordon last season, Dobbin is getting some minutes at the moment, I think Mills will be involved next season.
Apart altogether from the sales of Cannon, Simms and ISS ( a sale I regret but one that was out of our control).
lol cmon now. They're lightyears ahead at the minute.

Is it that great.

they've had 15 academy players get minutes this season i think and more in the pipeline whilst actually having a good first team, they're doing miles better than us in u21, u18 and youth cup too.

they've had 15 academy players get minutes this season i think and more in the pipeline whilst actually having a good first team, they're doing miles better than us in u21, u18 and youth cup too.
They had an academy team that beat us in a cup game a few seasons ago, how many of those have come through.

It is much easier to give young lads minutes in a team that is flying high rather than a team which is struggling for survival and can't afford any slip up.

All I am saying is that historically I don't see that many coming through at Liverpool, that may change with the current crop, I don't know anything about them and really have no interest in learning.

They had an academy team that beat us in a cup game a few seasons ago, how many of those have come through.

It is much easier to give young lads minutes in a team that is flying high rather than a team which is struggling for survival and can't afford any slip up.

All I am saying is that historically I don't see that many coming through at Liverpool, that may change with the current crop, I don't know anything about them and really have no interest in learning.

that is debateable, you can also make an argument it should be easier for talented young players to break into a team that has terrible players like us.

They're better than us but they're not as great at all and all these players, and I do mean virtually all of them have been brought in at 15 or 16 for lots of money both on the table and under it. They haven't been developed by their academy at all.

I also know a lot of these players and there's no way Jayden Danns etc get a game for us. Genuinely, if they put their best u18 team out he's not even in that. I've always said this but Liverpool are very good at giving very average players minutes, hyping them up and then moving them on for a good fee.

I'm amazed by the youth cup run. I actually thought Fleetwood would beat them in the first round and watching the game, they should have.

I see they've drew the lowest ranked team in the semis as well although Millwall have a good chance of beating them and City will win that any way.

that is debateable, you can also make an argument it should be easier for talented young players to break into a team that has terrible players like us.
Not really, the cost of failure is too high.
The top clubs also have better players around the young players to help them settle. City are the best example of this and Utd also at present are playing young lads.