Everton Youth Teams Thread

A sensible approach would have been to put them in last night with 7 or 8 of the regular starters instead of changing the whole team with the back up dross
Which is a touch what i expected but we know it was not happening the way Lampard said he was hoping to put a few of them on the Bench, a little pointless for me just filling bench up with young players if you don't give them the proper chance - we cant keep using the they have not "enough experience" Thing

Get these 2 in the first team
I’m torn, Mills is looking so good , but I’m also thinking we should keep him away from our match day squad …this from the Echo feed
“ Stanley Mills currently causing #PSG all kinds of problems down the right.”

On the other hand , Frank just might be thinking of Saturday …..
”Double #EFC change as Tom Cannon and Stanley Mills are replaced by Kaita Kouyate and Francis Okoronkwo.”

I’m torn, Mills is looking so good , but I’m also thinking we should keep him away from our match day squad …this from the Echo feed

”Double #EFC change as Tom Cannon and Stanley Mills are replaced by Kaita Kouyate and Francis Okoronkwo.”
They can't do much more at this level. It's time for them to play men's football, preferably with us.

….I’ve liked him from long ago, I always thought his best chance was as a converted RB but it seems he’s been more conventionally used this season. Fascinating if he gets a route in i didn’t think was likely.

….I’ve liked him from long ago, I always thought his best chance was as a converted RB but it seems he’s been more conventionally used this season. Fascinating if he gets a route in i didn’t think was likely.
Mate I’ve always disagreed with your “ converted right back theory “, for me it would ruin Mills. To be honest I’ve never seen him play at right back, I think he played there once last season but I must have missed it . I see a kind of swashbuckling attacking player who can also score goals from the wing or in the centre. Why change that?

Mills has sort of elbowed himself to the front of the cue. He's really grown a lot in the last couple of years too, and is now well over 6 ft. In one youth cup game last season I remember him terrorising an opposing teams left back. Just too big, too fast, too strong etc.

It's funny, as in the summer it sort of looked like the best route would have been competing with Patterson. It's testament to Patterson that that avenue has probably been a little closed off. However none of the 3 wide forwards we have have covered themselves in glory this season. And I say that as someone who is quite positive about each of them. But none of them have made the spot their own. Mills should be looking at that situation, maybe with 6 weeks to train with the first team and be thinking he could make an impression.

As a slight side note, I like Cannon's cameo last night. I thought his movement and directness for winning the free kick was very good. It's a small thing, but se showed good speed and awareness. It was something Maupay didn't do all night.

That was Prices best game I've seen him play for us. Cannon and Mills probably took off with Saturday in mind. Cannon could be the most improved player I've seen for the 21s with how far he's come.

It's funny really, as he was probably behind Dobbin, who is underwhelming a bit on loan, and Cannon is now very much in the managers eye.

It's funny really, as he was probably behind Dobbin, who is underwhelming a bit on loan, and Cannon is now very much in the managers eye.
Probably but I think this loan has shown that if Dobbin is going to break through its going to be out wide. Cannon is very much a striker, I compared him to Maupay originally but tonight it looked like he has grown and filled out a lot more. I still don't know what level he will end up at but for me I fancy him to break through more than I do Simms (+Broadhead) who he was miles behind 12 months ago. He deserves his chance.