Everton whipping boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldynut

Player Valuation: £1m
Over the years certain player have become whipping boys for some of our fans.
I can remember Reidy and Ratcliffe getting it off our fans during their latter years.

More recently the likes of Osman and Hibbert joined that elusive club.
Now we have Barkley,Lukaku,Jagielka,Cleverley,Coleman,Oviedo,Kone etc....in fact most of the squad.
Even Bolasie has been getting some stick of late.

The treatment that Cleverley received yesterday after his substitution was a disgrace.
No matter who puts on that shirt they don`t deserve that type of treatment.

GP lately has become very toxic of late to the point where you can see our own players don`t enjoy playing there.

All very unsavoury if you ask me and doesn't help

I can remember Reidy and Ratcliffe getting it off our fans during their latter years.

Now we have Barkley,Lukaku,Jagielka,Cleverley,Coleman,Oviedo,Kone etc....in fact most of the squad.

The treatment that Cleverley received yesterday after his substitution was a disgrace.

GP lately has become very toxic of late to the point where you can see our own players don`t enjoy playing there.

Jim Pearson was the worst ever in the 70s
We aren't stupid and sometimes it's hard to bite our tongues but save this treatment for opposing players

Hi Friend

Please remember to use the term "Snivelley"

Oh and booooooo

Also

No matter who puts on that shirt they don`t deserve that type of treatment

I always think this is one of the most hilariously illogical postmodern phrases going. I can think of about 10 tyrannical individuals who no one would support even if they were wearing our kit

Some of our fans are vile. The more I see of their petulant behaviour at Goodison and on here makes me despise them.

I don't blame the fans yesterday for being annoyed at the team in general though. The performances recently have been an absolute disgrace, but I draw the line at wanting our players to fail and openly abusing them which a sizeable minority of our support seem to look forward to.

Maybe these players should actually put some effort in then. (Osman and Hibbert not withstanding, they were just gash.)

Bolasie is sound though

Sometimes the fans have to let the manager know a player isn't good enough. There was great loyalty to Ratcliffe, but his legs had gone and everyone could see it except the manager.

Cleverly is a non-player. He runs around, but he offers nothing at all. If he wasn't earning a fortune I'd feel sorry for him. He belongs in a middle to bottom championship club, and that is why he gets stick.

With the others it's different, as you could argue they are all good enough to play in the Premier League, but Cleverly really does need to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.