Everton, West Ham and Newcastle leading calls for Premier League's Big Six to be hit with points deductions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't punish them as they haven't broken any rules as far as I know. They need to change the rules so they can't do it again but I don't think they can deduct points or fine them.
20210522_092211.jpg

It’s the most equitable and impacting proposal I have seen so far. Applied to the start of next season, I would still expect City and the spawn to go on a 2 months winning streak to make up lost ground (the spawn play the victims card like nobody else) and they would probably both still make CL. Arsenal, Spurs and Man U especially would struggle and one or more of them could conceivably go down.
It would sure make for an exciting season !

I see a lot of comments about legal battles etc that the 6 would mount and I just don’t buy it, all the PL need do, is create the punishment in tandem with the 14.

Statement from the 14 would be;

“Take your punishment or we’ll create an embargo on your clubs”

- No loans (either way)
- No transfers (either way)
- Vote against them in every capacity
- Reduced ticket/corporate allowances

etc etc etc etc - the punishment the 14 (and perhaps the rest of the efl) could inflict would be far far worse - in effect an excommunication from the English game - there’s no legal challenge to that.

The reality I fear is there’s just no appetite to punish them.

It’s the most equitable and impacting proposal I have seen so far. Applied to the start of next season, I would still expect City and the spawn to go on a 2 months winning streak to make up lost ground (the spawn play the victims card like nobody else) and they would probably both still make CL. Arsenal, Spurs and Man U especially would struggle and one or more of them could conceivably go down.
It would sure make for an exciting season !
I don't know about that, would we ever live it down if Liverpool got a points deduction and still finished ahead of us.

And in the next day's article:

Everton hit with points deduction for insisting that the 6 clubs receive a points deduction. A PL spokesperson said while what the others did was bad, 'playing the ref' was truly abhorrent and that Everton deserve the 100 points penalty they have been docked and serves as a warning to all other clubs. (although this turned out to be the one and only time it was ever issued.)

lol

I've said this before, if there is no punishment towards the 6 clubs, Moshiri should just break FFP as there will obviously be no punishments involved.

There will be nothing but a paltry financial “punishment” to the richest clubs on the planet (and Barcelona). It’s all forgotten about now, it never happened and the financial punishment will not achieve anything except for Barcelona who it will absolutely finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.