Match Thread Everton vs Wolves - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever lampard and coaches are teaching them ain't getting through, they're too stupid I think.
He can at least be instilling a siege mentality, any muppet can follow that!
I’d say no more turning up at training in your fancy cars, your getting a minibus and all of you are getting short back and side haircuts, clothing is training gear only, they have sleeping facilities at finch farm, make them all stay together, all social media activity cancelled- these muppets have to realise who they are representing

I hate to say it but we will be relegated!

So we have three games in hand against teams above us but one is against Burnley and one against Watford - both away and both seem to have a bit of heart for a fight, we don't.

We consistently lose the midfield but do nothing about it, changing personalities is changing nothing.

I think we have to revert to 4 5 1, we don't need someone sitting in front of the back four as the five in the midfield has to stop that and stop losing before we try to start winning.

Can’t even pick a man if the match after that, truly embarrassing. Middle of the park was open all game, not creating enough and just look drained from the 1st minute. Kenny going in like that literally minutes after getting his first yellow card is just brain dead behaviour.

Yes Frank has walked in to a s*** show but that’s on him for how he set us up today.

At least with Kenny getting sent off , Lampard might now revert to a more standard back four. Five at the back never works with us. Especially when the 5 don't even seem to know what they are doing.
Five at the back to me means 3 solid forward passing centre backs. That's not us. None of our bunch come close to that. And two players bombing down the wings. Crossing balls into the opposition box. Then getting back to defend as well. That most definitely isn't us.
So it's a more traditional back four next. Hopefully. Get an extra player in midfield. Or even up top.
Or better still........take a leaf out of Ancelotti 's book on defensive management. Play 4 centre backs. Steady the ship. Keep a clean sheet.
But of course that won't happen. Looking forward to what our multi
£ million management team come up with for the Newcastle match.

I th
Ok this is what I'm saying too. Like I really like Gordon and he was probably the best player for the last few games, but he's not a match winner right now and sometimes a cross or a shot comes close, close is still not winning us anything. He's only a kid and we need professionals. And we need a way to score goals.

What a shame no one tries harder than him.
Yes mate you right. I thought his effort and non stop running was there to see
Thought Godfrey played well also

When all emotion is taken out, it was a relatively poor game and Wolves defended very well, better than us. Very few clear cut chances. There wasn't much in it. Had we scored first then I fancy we would have won 1-0. We had a few chances, poor execution at the key time hurt us. E.g, Gray's first touch after Coleman pulled the ball (granted the pull back wasn't ideal either!). That should really have resulted in a dangerous shot on target and probably a goal at this level. Frustrating andva bad game to lose. It was evident that Lampard resorted to a cautious set up first half in an attempt to build confidence after conceding 5 goals vs Tottenham. At half time it felt like ok perhaps the foundations were laid to kick on second half but we were very poor after the interval.

We are in big trouble. It will be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.