Match Thread Everton vs Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton MOTM vs Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be fair, it was a putrid game. We looked v low on confidence and without any real gameplan. Thought both Gray and Iwobi stunk out the gaff, leaving Rich with very little to go on.

Then again our midfield and attack were required to dig in and defend in pairs and threes. Thought our back four was excellent, Godfrey in particular. Shouts out to MK who had a good 'un, but he loves a game where he's defending balls into the box and doesn't have to use more nuanced defensive skills, so not surprised there.

Am surprised Iwobi has got MOM though. Quality finish but other than that I thought offered nothing other than shield for Seamus. Tony G once again for me, his performance level just doesn't drop. Led by example, charging around, smashing into people, but with real moments of quality on the ball.

Get in there
That's a fair reflection of the game I watched too mate.

Stop with the pretence that your one of us

Newcastle had the same amount of time as us, they only forced ONE save out of our second choice keeper so no it wasn’t lucky

More shots, more shots on target, more passes, better passing accuracy, more corners, better possession, less fouls. They were better than us in every metric. A draw would have flattered us. Be honest, if it wasn't for those extra 15 mins. You would all be fuming with that result as you were at half time.

I can't stand them , and people would ask why, I just say they are just the kopites of the North same breed, accept they hadn't won anything. Also have a bit of the worst bit 's of the jocks about them , they really would suit playing the Glasgow two they so alike
Deluded whoppers.
Even there own chairman have given them stick at one point,
I actually stopped disliking Villa as they share are dislike for the barcodes.
It's now spreading to the RS who used to be will mates with them, more than likely because they have money now.
Can't understand how a city that has some fine people in it produces this many tits that turn out for the football..
Give me Sunderland any day of the week proper fans , sooner have Middlesbrough as well same , can have a proper talk about the game with either away from the game and not a hint of delusion
In Scotland they say that geordies are Scots with their brains removed. I never like generalising but they certainly have a tendency to celebrate stupidity. I lived in Newcastle during the Robson era. Had a lot of time for Robson like but the players (Dyer and Bramble especially) were always about town getting up to very nasty things and were largely protected due to their ‘celeb’ status. Not mentioning the ‘alleged’ goings on in a hotel room in London that led to Shearer going for Dyer in training. Of course, none of the fans batted an eyelid as long as their team was decent.
They even built a statue of Robson after sacking him ffs.

The problems we had against, Newcastle away, Southampton away and Spurs away, where that we looked OK, not brilliant, but OK until we went a goal behind. Then we just capitulated. OK we scored first against the bar codes but they equilised straight away, then it all went wrong. It will be interesting to see how we react the next time we go a goal down.

More shots, more shots on target, more passes, better passing accuracy, more corners, better possession, less fouls. They were better than us in every metric. A draw would have flattered us. Be honest, if it wasn't for those extra 15 mins. You would all be fuming with that result as you were at half time.
I'm absolutely convinced that you are that 'rafafan' character on Twitter. Both very similar ways of posting, except that Twitter fella is at least pretty upfront about being a red.. or at the very least not an Evertonian either way.

Only one stat that counts. We scored, the horse punchers didn't.

What a great result. We didn’t play well and neither did they. Hopefully this will give the players huge confidence.

My only vice with Gordon is that he has very little, if any, end product. It's frustrating.

I hear that, which is often the case with the young lads. That being said I think his decision making is generally very good.

It's difficult to know whether there'd be more end product if there was more of a product to get on the end of his passing. He's got a wicked delivery into the box from wide areas, a fit Dom for the last few months and we could be talking about how impressive his assist stats are.

Hahahahaha go and cry some more, Benitez is an unemployed heart attack on legs you sweaty Geordie biff.

You even beat us in the xHP (expected horse punches) metric mate, truly a performance for the ages from your lot. You can get back to the beheadings now, do you accept requests for fat Spanish waiters by any chance?

What columns do they come under in the Premier League table?

Status
Not open for further replies.