Match Thread Everton vs Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton MOTM vs Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle looked relegated not so long ago but they have dominated the first half. The stats from the first half are embarrassing. Relegation certainties

Well even if when he was riding his private plane and being on Instagram, at least he still managed to score and provide us assist that are not happening at the moment. We had a much better midfield with him even if fans like yourself fail to appreciate that he improved team.
I loved James. Best player we had in 20 years. But he wasn't arsed. Openly so. I would have kept him because you can't rid yourself of a player of that, albeit mercurial, talent and keep the likes of Iwobi and Gomes. My point is that WE ALWAYS missed James when he wasn't on the pitch for us - but, hey, feel free to shoot me a middle finger if you like. Very lady like.

Don't bring Alli on whatever you do. I'd go with Rondon and Gomes for Coleman (go 3 at the back - we need to win this) and Iwobi. 3-5-2.

Rubbish, total rubbish...

No goal threat whatsoever

Scared to play forward and 1st ball backwards

Players scared to cross

1 shot on goal in 45 mins AGAIN

Players wanting to take an eternity on the ball and getting dispossesd

No urgency

Joelinton and Willock have had the free roam of GP, Gordon has Guimarraes yet Allan & Doucoure cant pick them 2

Dont even look like scoring, this is Wolves all over again, Newcastle are Fin comfortable, they`ll come out second half get a goal and we are done!

This side deserves to go down, every single one of us will agree to that, I`m questioning Lampard because we have much less goal threat than under Benitez, didnt think that was possible but here we are....

Koff Everton, the sooner we go down and liquidated the better we will all be

I still Love Everton though! ? ? ?
Thank you for bringing on some well thought out positivity to the site!

At least Everton looked threatening when attacking in the first half of the season and scored goals while having a weak defence.

Since the end of the January window, attack has gone limp while retaining the weak defence. Can't even get a shot on target. Heck, can't even get any shot.

Where are the usual suspects who is going to start pulling out the possession stats?

Players are so poor mentally, some are not even good enough. Has been the way for multiple seasons now. That is the reason why Everton is where it is now.

2 full backs who aren’t getting forward to create overloads so all we are seeing is whatever this is. If Everton want a point then expect more of the same and hope that a dead ball doesn’t land on Herman Munsters forehead (which it absolutely will at least once in the second half). If Everton actually want to win here then the full backs need to start joining in but only one of them is technically and physically able. I witnessed Phil Neville against Wigan and Coleman that half has been as bad for me, he’s absolutely horrific. He outmuscled Ryan Fraser who could of auditioned to be R2D2 and then played safe or behind his teammates or more often than not gave it away for the other 45 minutes. I cannot believe that we have a young dynamic coaching staff who don’t think that having overlapping, quick full backs is the way to go at home. Surely giving their full backs and midfielders something to think about is what we should be doing here? I’ve seen this performance for years, so many people on here will have as well… If it’s more of the same 2nd half we are in big trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.